• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#11 Mage

Mage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

Who cares who is better?

Seriously, as long as Newton continues to improve and plays like I know he is capable of, I don't care if Luck is better than him or not. We'll still have a great quarterback on our hands.

#12 csx

csx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

He apparently played well. Good for him, but there is no reason to make this about Newton or for Panther fans to get defensive about anything.

#13 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• LocationWinston-Salem, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

From the highlights I saw, Luck seems to be as good as advertised. The ball just looks perfect coming out of his hand. I would be very optimistic if I were Indy.

As far as comparing him to Cam Cam Bam Bam? Holla at me when Luck breaks off a 50 yard TD run and outruns a NFL secondary.

#14 Gabeking

Gabeking

HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

Ryan leaf's first preseason game: 14 of 19 2 TDs 0 INTs ALL HAIL THE PRESEASON!

#15 HsvPantherFan

HsvPantherFan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

As far as comparing him to Cam Cam Bam Bam? Holla at me when Luck breaks off a 50 yard TD run and outruns a NFL secondary.

Or drags one 15 yards into the endzone like Cam did to Tampa Bay.

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

i'm looking forward to several newton v. luck superbowls.

#17 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• LocationHouston Texas
SUPPORTER

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

oohweemayne The kid played great! I would never have guessed he was a rookie. Honestly, I didn't believe the Luck hype until I saw him yesterday. Yes, it was against the Rams, but it was also his first start in the NFL. Wow, just WOW.

Newton vs Luck is going to be talked about for years to come!! Hopefully they will meet in a Superbowl or 2

#18 God

God

Attitude

HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

luck is amazing. miles ahead of RG3 and it isnt even close. The Panthers/Colts are set at QB for a looong time.

#19 Gabeking

Gabeking

HUDDLER

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Ryan leaf's first preseason game: 14 of 19 2 TDs 0 INTs ALL HAIL THE PRESEASON!

And no I'm not saying he's ginna be the next Ryan leaf I'm just saying its his first preseason game and people need to stop jumping to damn conclusions especially against a kindergarten secondary like the rams

#20 Guest_Day24Day7_*

Guest_Day24Day7_*
Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

So it Begins ...

Newton is No Reflection on Luck or Vice Versa. The real problem for Luck (when the season starts) will be that Re-Built Line. There is No Continuity. Once teams start Game Planning and NFL Blitz Packages and Coverages ... Then Let's See If He is in the Payton Manning - Cam Newton Rookie Season Talk.

I am a football fan through and through. The Panthers are My Team. I do like certain players on other teams. Andrew Luck may be everything the Sports News has told us for 3+years. I don't cheer for any player to fail. I think good players make the League better. I just wish ESPN, Sporting News, NFLN and All the Other Talking Heads Would Wait Until, at least, the 3rd or 4th Week of the Season until they even entertain Any of this talk about what Luck or RG3 or Tannyhill or Any of these Rookie QB's and Draft Picks will be in THIS LEAGUE. After all; These are the Same People Who Told the Whole World ... Cam Newton Will Be the Biggest Bust in the History of the NFL. So WTF Do They Really Know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users