• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

My point....

<your head>

To address your bizarre retort...

SEC receivers are not the best in college football. They certainly aren't the best NFL draft prospects or best performing currently in the NFL either.

Okay. All your points are ridiculous

#77 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Been saying for years Luck will be a stud in the NFL. His accuracy and decision making ability are second to none and his athleticism outside of the pocket is remarkable. I've gone to damn near every one of his Stanford games and dude is just a pure QB.

That being said, I wouldn't trade Cam for him. Indy has a guy that will make them forget about a four time MVP, SB Champ and bazillion time all pro selection. We have a guy that has the potential to change the game completely. A guy that will have people from San Diego to Dallas to NYC to Charlotte all wearing his jersey and who will be the face of NFL football for the next decade. Congrats to Indy for landing a guy like that, and if we would have gotten him awesome for us, but I'm glad he stayed in school and we went with Cam. Cam will be like the Fosbury Flop, changing the game and changing the way people scout QB's in the future.

#78 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

My point....

<your head>

To address your bizarre retort...

SEC receivers are not the best in college football. They certainly aren't the best NFL draft prospects or best performing currently in the NFL either.

Yeah, because two of the latest to come out (AJ Green & Julio Jones) are poo, right?

Lol, what a joke.

#79 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Luck will be a very gods QB. And, that does not take away from what Cam did and will do.

Both will be excellent QB's.

#80 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

If my response sounds ridiculous, I betting its because you're clearly ignorant to the facts. I say that, as you A:)Didn't get my point about the SEC (which is Luck vs. Best Collage Conference for Defense), and B:)Are making claims of improvement where there isn't a vastly larger pool of talent.

But I guess when you can make absolute statements like "Hes not bust to me" after one preseason game, such is to be expected.

#81 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v..._content_stream

After one preseason game, they are already saying Luck can beat Newtons' 4,000+ yard season (just passing).

Yes he can and most likely will. Did you see the kid? I know Newton is ours but lets remember JR Said LUCK was the clear cut pick in the same draft had he come out over Newton.

Look Cam is damn good, may end up being great and we are very lucky to have him, but Luck is going to be special too.

Guess what? There is no 'the best' in the NFL it is too fluid as state. Elway, Kelly, Marino, Young, Moon were all GREAT and HOF guys playing at the same time.

#82 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Yeah, because two of the latest to come out (AJ Green & Julio Jones) are poo, right?

Lol, what a joke.

So... just because players get some buzz, that means a whole conference is "AMAZING!!!!!!!!111"?

AJ Green was #17 in receiving yards last year.

Julio Jones is ranked #25 in receiving yards last year.

Jones had 8 TDs last year. Green was tied with fellow Rookie Torrey Smith (University of Maryland) with 7TDs last year.

In other words, they are average.

If you look at the list of veteran receivers currently active, there is a smattering of SEC teams, nothing more. They certainly don't dominate the list, and I don't think there is even one in the top ten for scoring or yards (There is one TE up there).

#83 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Finally the stupid ass threads about RB contracts stopped and bam this poo again..

#84 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

If my response sounds ridiculous, I betting its because you're clearly ignorant to the facts. I say that, as you A:)Didn't get my point about the SEC (which is Luck vs. Best Collage Conference for Defense), and B:)Are making claims of improvement where there isn't a vastly larger pool of talent.

But I guess when you can make absolute statements like "Hes not bust to me" after one preseason game, such is to be expected.

To state that the PAC 12 is not good, then I listed you a couple of QBs. Then you turn around and say If Luck was in the SEC, he wouldn't be good. Then I said, give him some of those SEC wrs. Then, you now turn your words and say that the SEC wrs are no good anymore, even though they're in your "SEC" conference.

If that's not just plain stupid, I dnt know.

#85 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

So... just because players get some buzz, that means a whole conference is "AMAZING!!!!!!!!111"?

AJ Green was #17 in receiving yards last year.

Julio Jones is ranked #25 in receiving yards last year.

Jones had 8 TDs last year. Green was tied with fellow Rookie Torrey Smith (University of Maryland) with 7TDs last year.

In other words, they are average.

If you look at the list of veteran receivers currently active, there is a smattering of SEC teams, nothing more. They certainly don't dominate the list, and I don't think there is even one in the top ten for scoring or yards (There is one TE up there).

Weren't you the one just nutting on how good the SEC was compare to the Pac12?

To tell me that Green and Jones are just average WRs really speak to me on how stupid you really are.

Jones had 8tds. Green had 7. How many did our Smitty have? 7. I guess Smitty is just average too then.

#86 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Weren't you the one just nutting on how good the SEC was compare to the Pac12?

To tell me that Green and Jones are just average WRs really speak to me on how stupid you really are.

Jones had 8tds. Green had 7. How many did our Smitty have? 7. I guess Smitty is just average too then.

I said put Luck in the SEC and his collage career would have been worse (because if you knew anything of collage football, you'd know and admit the defenses in the SEC are better than PAC12).

Then YOU come along and bring up SEC WRs, as if they would have made Luck's career better. Which is downright absurd, and means absolutely nothing, because they are mediocre.

And yes, Green and Jones are totally average players so far based on their yardage and TDs. For you to try that Smitty comparison is trollish at best. He was #5 yardage.

Calling people ignorant when you don't understand what you're talking about is sorta... well... ignorant...

#87 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Finally the stupid ass threads about RB contracts stopped and bam this poo again..

Seriously can we just let this stupid debate die already?

#88 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Luck may win a Super Bowl before Cam do though. If Indy can get better on defense, they probably will.

slow down grasshopper!! the colts are a long way away from being able beat teams like the steelers, ravens or patriots when it matters most. luck or rg3 will never be able to duplicate what cam did last year whether they beat his records or not

#89 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

^^Idk, i think they both can win more than 6 games in their rookie seasons.

#90 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Luck's a nerd. Cam gotz da swag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com