Photo
- - - - -

Why our Defense is bad and why it (hopefully) shouldn't be a problem - A baseless theory by Rags

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#37 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

So what is your plan? What would you do differently? Who should we target and how should we get them?

It's easy to say we need to be good now. It's not as easy to come up with a plan to do it.

I had a mentor that taught me, a complaint without a solution is just a bitch. It is just to easy to complain.

I see growth and progress. I see a chance at a vastly revamped starting D. I see Depth and Talent added to ST and the D. I see three rookies Flashing, with one at that critical CB position. So I see no reason not to be optimistic about where we are this year. The start of year two.

Competition all over the place, three shiny new rookies, return from injury for at least two key starters, and a year of growth. Why Not?

And lest we forget, practicing anything other than FG for ST is extemely difficult. You do not want your guys hitting each other like that. So bcause you only go 3/4 speed in practice, it takes a couple of games for it all to come together. With the talent out there. We should see improvement by the end of preseason.

#38 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

I had a mentor that taught me, a complaint without a solution is just a bitch. It is just to easy to complain.

I see growth and progress. I see a chance at a vastly revamped starting D. I see Depth and Talent added to ST and the D. I see three rookies Flashing, with one at that critical CB position. So I see no reason not to be optimistic about where we are this year. The start of year two.

Competition all over the place, three shiny new rookies, return from injury for at least two key starters, and a year of growth. Why Not?

And lest we forget, practicing anything other than FG for ST is extemely difficult. You do not want your guys hitting each other like that. So bcause you only go 3/4 speed in practice, it takes a couple of games for it all to come together. With the talent out there. We should see improvement by the end of preseason.

Hopefully it plays out well for us. If Norman can beat out the captain my positive level will increase a few points. (defense is a question mark for me because of guys off injury..dline/secondary play)We will have to upgrade the trenches next offseason. Can't do anything about it now.

#39 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

They way I look at it is. Two years ago we were pitiful. Last year we we iffy. This year we should improve to not bad. So that next year we will be knocking on the door of elite.

Norman... Scares the beegees outta me. Can he play? Or is this a camp wonder story? I would obviously prefer the former as it would benefit us most. If he puts Munny to nickle, I will be happy.

Edwards should improve the line. Keek should improve the LBs. Norman should help the CBs. And maybe Nakamari can win the FS spot and make it a clean sweep.

Limit the mistakes. Win the turnover battle. With our O, this may be enough to put the NFL on notice.

My giddy does not care that I am a homer. And GOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

They way I look at it is. Two years ago we were pitiful. Last year we we iffy. This year we should improve to not bad. So that next year we will be knocking on the door of elite.

Norman... Scares the beegees outta me. Can he play? Or is this a camp wonder story? I would obviously prefer the former as it would benefit us most. If he puts Munny to nickle, I will be happy.

Edwards should improve the line. Keek should improve the LBs. Norman should help the CBs. And maybe Nakamari can win the FS spot and make it a clean sweep.

Limit the mistakes. Win the turnover battle. With our O, this may be enough to put the NFL on notice.

My giddy does not care that I am a homer. And GOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You crack me up with the goooo cats. (not saying this is you) I imagine some 12 year old nerd with pants that are too short and stupid glasses saying it

#41 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

You crack me up with the goooo cats. (not saying this is you) I imagine some 12 year old nerd with pants that are too short and stupid glasses saying it

Actually, I don't wear glasses. But it did make me almost chorkle. (I'll be dammed if I will say giggle.) So I guess that just reinforces your image. Fug.

I think it sarted as a smart azz response on some message board, and has lived a rather long and, until now, realitively quite existence. I guess it has morphed into a statement of the excitement level I am experiencing at the moment.

I waited a long time for the Lions to finally have an elite QB. It only took 16 years for the Pantherz to snag theirs. Went from never having one. To now both my teams have one. It is fuging giddy heaven.

Hence. The GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1