Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carp24000

8/13/12 - Training Camp Twitter Thread

109 posts in this topic

Hogan Island, brother?

For what it's worth, my post earlier wasn't trying to say that Hogan played awfully last year. I was simply pointing out that he only really had one "good" play. He did play his coverage pretty decent for the most part. I just thought "baller" was a fairly over exaggerated adjective to be applied to his play last year.

people want to cut Hogan despite his stellar man coverage skills last year.. I think baller is valid adjective to use considering most can't remember how nice Hogan was compared to any second CB ready to start for the Panthers in the last 7 years...

but Josh Norman is considered by many to lock up that #2 CB position... lol

Btw, to fix the misinfo on here, TD strained his calf, nothing wrong with his knee. Hogan hurt his quad. Beast hurt his hamstring. Ness got a concussion.

Stats for corners mean nothing. Ill give you stats and you tell me if a guy had a good game, horrible game or didnt even play.

0 pass deflections

0 interceptions

0 tackles.

It could be any of the three options. You have to watch the games and ignore the stats for corners and Hogan is the second or third best corner on this team. So yeah cut him!!!

Where the f**k did I say cut him? Some of you guys just make over exaggerations and pull assumptions out of your ass for the sake of pie from others that are like you. I was debunking bleys remark that Hogan was a baller. He only played 3 games, didn't start any of them, and he's a baller? And how is he even the 2nd or 3rd best CB when he hasn't even been able to stay on the practice field this year, yet again, to prove he is that?

Potential and production are two entirely different things. Hogan may have the potential, but he's been unable to live up to that due to his injuries.

Where the f**k did I say cut him? Some of you guys just make over exaggerations and pull assumptions out of your ass for the sake of pie from others that are like you. I was debunking bleys remark that Hogan was a baller. He only played 3 games, didn't start any of them, and he's a baller? And how is he even the 2nd or 3rd best CB when he hasn't even been able to stay on the practice field this year, yet again, to prove he is that?

Potential and production are two entirely different things. Hogan may have the potential, but he's been unable to live up to that due to his injuries.

how much pie did I get? nice.. exaggeration and point proven, lol...

how much pie did I get? nice.. exaggeration and point proven, lol...

I didn't quote you did I?

Part of the problem is that no one has a clear definition of the word 'baller' as it applies to an NFL CB.

Hogan, from what I understand, is not having knee problems, but has a different injury, and general soreness. Fans suggesting that we should cut Hogan are probably just stiring the pot because it's a boring Monday night.

"You're not a professional!" has got to be one of the biggest cop out horrible arguments this board constantly runs back to.

Actually it is a very legitimate point when fans criticize professionals without a clue what they are talking about. Unless you know what is truly going on then all you have is an uninformed opinion with nothing to back it up.

I didn't quote you did I?

at some point I have to include all counter points as the same person.. to anyone who thinks Brandon Hogan isn't a solid #2 aside from any knee issues after watching him shadow receivers last year then I have to assume they are being ridiculous... especially after this dude outplayed any CB in a Panthers uniform the last 7 years (not named Gamble).....

Dude was a baller who completely shadowed most receivers he played against last year... if anyone disagrees I beg they watch a few Panther games last year.. Granted he played 3 games, but dude was on par with anything everyone has expected from our #2 CB.... and yet we are hearing how much of a baller Josh Norman has been... I hope that clears everything up...

It'd be good if Norman can start and hogan can be a good nickel....putting munnerlyn on special teams duty. I thought I heard about hogan being a decent blitzer from the CB position which would be good for a nickelback

Where the f**k did I say cut him?

Ugh, Hogan. Just cut him.

I don't think anyone was accusing you of saying to cut him, KK. But the comment was made in this thread, that's where the response to the idea of cutting him came from.

I don't think anyone was accusing you of saying to cut him, KK. But the comment was made in this thread, that's where the response to the idea of cutting him came from.

THANK YOU!!

Not everything is about you KK.

Ego trip much?