Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith 7th Best Receiver (Including TEs) In Madden 13

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Some TE's that had a better season than Davis did last year. Jason Witten, Aaron Hernandez, Tony Gonzalez, Dustin Keller, and Brent Celek. I based this off of receiving yards. He also fumbled 3 times last year while the other guys I mentioned fumbled either 0 or 1 time. He should be a 90 at most overall. Brandon Marshall should be in the top 10 imo.

Where are J Graham and The Gronk?i

Posted

Some of you need to realize this

Everyone talks about Davis’ pass-catching ability, but the dude is an absolute monster blocking for Frank Gore. Davis is one of the highest-rated impact blockers from the tight end position,

May have something to do with his rating. 292 yards and 4 TDs in the playoffs also helps

Posted

Veron Davis is BEAST... did you not see him score the last second postseason TD against New Orleans???

He made Alex Smith's job easy

He's still not on the level of Graham, Gronk, Hernandez, or Gonzales.

Posted

id take vernon davis over any of those guys personally... only one id consider is gronk

Posted

The reason I didnt mention Graham and Gronk in my earlier post was because they are rated higher than V Davis while those guys I mentioned are not. I would take Graham over Gronk personally.

Posted

VD has always been a mid 90s guy...only in a late update was Gronk's speed upgraded from a 78? To an 84. Injuries are lower with Graham and Gronk...in madden 12 Gronk would get carted off every five tackles then miss 10 weeks.

Posted

Higher than I thought he'd be. I'm happy.

Posted

Smith is rated 95, thats what I'm talking about. I can see respect is gaining. 89's the best in the game, so says, Lineal89!

Posted

Pretty fair rating with blinders off IMO.

Posted

Even him Davis had a 100 in his blocking column that wouldn't bump him up to a 95, sure he's a good pass catching tight end but if Steve Smith's rating declines after a poor year then so should Davis's. Also how do you give a guy a 97 rating when he can't even get on the field.

The only guys that deserve to be ranked higher than Smitty are Calvin Johnson, Gronk, Fitzy, and Jimmy Graham.

Posted

graham is the best TE, then gronk is slightly behind. Davis is pretty far away from them.

Posted

im just glad tony gonzales isnt 99 like the last couple years