• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#166 pantherfreak

pantherfreak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

I imagine thats a short list. One should be happy to be on it. Means you're good at what you do.

If i was a CB i'd be honored to be on a HoF recievers hit list.

#167 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

On a related note, we've had the "is Smitty HoF bound?" discussion numerous times here. I was watching something yesterday, I forget what (I'm sure it was a video on NFL.com or ESPN.com or something, I'll look for it and update the post) where someone not related to the Panthers was talking about Cam having a future HoF receiver helped his rookie season. Thought it was interesting that someone not connected to the Panthers made that statement as if it were a foregone conclusion.

#168 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,921 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

On a related note, we've had the "is Smitty HoF bound?" discussion numerous times here. I was watching something yesterday, I forget what (I'm sure it was a video on NFL.com or ESPN.com or something, I'll look for it and update the post) where someone not related to the Panthers was talking about Cam having a future HoF receiver helped his rookie season. Thought it was interesting that someone not connected to the Panthers made that statement as if it were a foregone conclusion.

2500 more yards and 20 more TD's and he is in like Flynn.

Ring of Honor he got 3 years ago.

#169 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:18 PM

As a follow up on Jawny's post, my feed for the Texans game was out of Houston. Their announcers referred to Smitty as a future hall of famer.

#170 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

I imagine thats a short list. One should be happy to be on it. Means you're good at what you do.

Or it means you talked when you should have listened. And boy you better make sure you bob when you should bob and weave when you should weave. Ken Lucas bobbed when he should have weaved.

#171 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

Thought it was interesting that someone not connected to the Panthers made that statement as if it were a foregone conclusion.

It's not?

#172 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

2500 more yards and 20 more TD's and he is in like Flynn.

Ring of Honor he got 3 years ago.

His TD numbers really hurt him. He's #32 all-time already in career receiving yardage, but he's tied for 71st in receiving TDs. Fitz is 4 years younger and has 14 more TDs despite having 600 fewer receiving yards.

#173 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

As a follow up on Jawney's post, my feed for the Texans game was out of Houston. Their announcers referred to Smitty as a future hall of famer.

Sounds right. I was rewatching the game with GamePass and the GP version of the game was Texans commentary, whereas when I watched it live I watched the NFL Network broadcast using GP with Panthers commentary.

Thanks.

#174 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

It's not?

Outside the Carolinas, usually not.

#175 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Great to hear about Norman...gotta have agressive guys. It is much harder to coach a guy to play more agressive than it is to calm him down..simple fact is he is making plays in practice..catching the ball is importan as Gamble is notorious for simple drops.

This might be a phrase in some mgmt book I have not read but I thought it was good " You cannot teach smart and you cant coach lazy"

11 pages and no one making any awkward nicknames for Norman yet?!

He is? Didn't know that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.