Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Breaking down Jonathan Stewart's deal

156 posts in this topic

worrying about something you have no control over...THAT'S being an idiot.

thinking that they don't already have a game plan in mind for that...that's being an idiot.

i'm not going to worry about stuff that i have no control over...esp. when it's several years down the road.

go ahead and hit your panic button and have your therapist up your xanax if you want to. i just don't see the point.

Is it being an idiot to have an opinion about it?

Cams gonna get the biggest deal in league history and it won't even be close (it will deliver a massive finger to the Colts and Skins though, assuming both pan out, so there's that)

His deal will easily approach the 200 mil barrier. It just doesn't look like were doing a good job preparing for it.

LMAO!!! DAMN RIGHT!!!!

This is just another one of Hurney's blunders. Like that time he gave Deangelo Williams that monster contract and we had to forget about resigning Stewart. I still don't know how Hurney is employed.

It's safe to say Hurney has a plan for the next season or two. I wouldn't freak out over cap stuff. We have our core locked up and Cam will get a good deal when the time comes.

I was just making an observation bruh. I don't think people get mad at people for panicking or for expressing views that aren't sunshine and rainbows 24/7. It's when you call those that are remaining calm and confident in the FO idiots that you then get people possed off at you.

Yeah, true.

Well, hats off to those who trust everything the FO does. I try but they've let me down too many times.

It's safe to say Hurney has a plan for the next season or two. I wouldn't freak out over cap stuff. We have our core locked up and Cam will get a good deal when the time comes.

We're going to field a team of Newton, Williams, Stewart and 49 un-drafted free agents.

It's when you call those that are remaining calm and confident in the FO idiots that you then get people possed off at you.

I don't think people who trust the FO are idiots, I think the FO are idiots. When they figure out how to field a balanced team without holes and actually start to win consistently I will begin to have trust and confidence in them.

And I do think we will find a way to sign Cam. I just don't know how we will ever be able to make any significant upgrades on defense with all our money tied up on the other side of the ball. We better hit on defensive draft picks from here on out.

We're doooooooooomed!!! Dooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!

Stewart wasn't going to sign for peanuts. We expected this kind of contract, and there it is.

Continue on with the crying.

I look at it like this. NO had what appeared to be zero cap room and still managed to retain most of their talent AND sign Brees to a record deal. According to that article we may only have 18 guys in that scenario, but they are all starters and HUGE pieces to what RR is trying to build. They will restructure whomever needs to be restructured, cut dead weight and money, and pick up ancillary pieces on the cheap, just as they've done for 17 years. Hell, as recently as this year there was a major panic because we were somehow like $6MM over the cap, and not only managed to get under it, but got $8MM under it and resigned Stewart, whom most on here thought was 100% going to be gone due to the Williams deal. That's why I don't stress it until its time to stress it. Not because I'm a "Hurney Magikz!!1!!1" guy, but because things seem to work themselves out financially for this team for as long as I've been a fan of it.

1 person likes this

And I do think we will find a way to sign Cam. I just don't know how we will ever be able to make any significant upgrades on defense with all our money tied up on the other side of the ball. We better hit on defensive draft picks from here on out.

I doubt Cam will care that a team wanting to pay him long term doesn't have the means to signficantly address trying to build a championship caliber roster quickly around him. This isn't my first BBQ, what will seal the deal is Cam knowing we can run the ever living poo out of the football here.

lol you act like questioning the front office affects my whole life. This a fan board....where you talk about the team. Just because I say I think they are screwing up doesn't mean I'm in panic mode or my whole life is going down the drain. If you let things like this bring you down, you have issues. But questioning something is completely normal.

you can question without worrying or stressing over it.

you threw out that blanket "if you aren't worried, you're an idiot" stuff. i just threw it back.