Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Breaking down Jonathan Stewart's deal

156 posts in this topic

How many of the 32 teams truly air it out?

yep. many people that complain about the lack of success in previous years need to take into account that hurney was giving fox what he said he wanted for his team, which is what should have been the case. some might argue against the wisdom of that and that's fine.

when it was totally clear that the fox way wasn't working and wasn't going to work they tore it down and started to rebuild with the new coach and that's what we have now. sure, it's not happening fast enough for some, but it's happening all the same and for that i'm happy. i'm sure there will be a head scratcher or two (and there's already been a couple) but overall i'm very happy with the direction it's going compared to before.

True story: Fox held a gun to Hurney's head, and told him to draft Clausen, and Edwards.

December 21st can't come fast enough.

1) When it comes to the cap, Hurney knows what he's doing. Remember when everyone said we were in cap hell this year?

2) Cam isn't going anywhere

3) We have what, maybe $21 million in cap space tied up in 2 players (Gross and Gamble). We could clear the $10 million next year just by reworking the contract of these two no problem.

This story is good press for the chicken little's. Nothing more.

How many of the 32 teams truly air it out?

The ones with a QB and WR.

True story: Fox held a gun to Hurney's head, and told him to draft Clausen, and Edwards.

true story. that happened after fox lost control.

'09 was the last year of having things the way fox wanted them.

clausen was all on hurney trying to find a QB for the next HC. not a great move but whatever. water under the bridge. edwards was a richardson push although hurney was on that bandwagon as well. both those decisions were made for the next HC's team. that's just one of those things i wish had shook out differently, but oh well.

we did pick up a couple other good/decent players in that draft, though. doesn't make everything all right, but it makes it slightly less of a bust. you've kind of got to expect results like that when you don't have a HC helping with the personnel decisions.

I trust that Hurney will make it work, much like he made it work in keeping our core players.

If there's doubt in anyone's mind that signing Cam long term is this franchise's #1 priority you must really think the front office is run by monkeys. They wouldn't have resigned Stew if it jeopardized that, period.

Cut everyone, resign Cam #Hurneymagic #Dealwithit

It never ceases to amaze me on all the hate Hurney gets. Every team in the league has holes and about 20 of them have a less talented roster than the Panthers.

These guys that hate Hurney would likely not be satisfied but with maybe 5 current gms in the nfl.

1 person likes this