#76 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,872 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Restructures, Cap increases, cuts.. It should all be fine in 2015!

I hope to God, Allah, Ganesha, and the Hamburgular that I have better things to worry about than our cap in 2015...

#77 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,689 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hurn-dawg got this

#78 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,175 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

I would go on a long screed delineating why all the worriers are total effing retards, but. . .no, I'm not going to do it. I'm tired of correcting other people's ignorance.

Suffice to say that that caps are as flexible as rubber bands, and that teams can make the math work anytime they feel the need to do so. Period.

#79 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,282 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Let the record show....all teams find a way to twist and scramble and find ways to operate under the cap. Doing that isn't Hurney magic....nor noteworthy.

We have one of the weaker DLs, weaker overall secondaries, and middle of the road overall rec corps in a passing a passing league....THAT is Hurney magic.

#80 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,759 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

Agreed and I also think fox had a lot of influence with a lot of our previous draft blunders as well (but in the end it's 100% hurney's responsibility since he makes the pick)

yep. many people that complain about the lack of success in previous years need to take into account that hurney was giving fox what he said he wanted for his team, which is what should have been the case. some might argue against the wisdom of that and that's fine.

when it was totally clear that the fox way wasn't working and wasn't going to work they tore it down and started to rebuild with the new coach and that's what we have now. sure, it's not happening fast enough for some, but it's happening all the same and for that i'm happy. i'm sure there will be a head scratcher or two (and there's already been a couple) but overall i'm very happy with the direction it's going compared to before.

#81 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

How many of the 32 teams truly air it out?

#82 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

yep. many people that complain about the lack of success in previous years need to take into account that hurney was giving fox what he said he wanted for his team, which is what should have been the case. some might argue against the wisdom of that and that's fine.

when it was totally clear that the fox way wasn't working and wasn't going to work they tore it down and started to rebuild with the new coach and that's what we have now. sure, it's not happening fast enough for some, but it's happening all the same and for that i'm happy. i'm sure there will be a head scratcher or two (and there's already been a couple) but overall i'm very happy with the direction it's going compared to before.

True story: Fox held a gun to Hurney's head, and told him to draft Clausen, and Edwards.

#83 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,790 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

December 21st can't come fast enough.

#84 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

1) When it comes to the cap, Hurney knows what he's doing. Remember when everyone said we were in cap hell this year?
2) Cam isn't going anywhere
3) We have what, maybe $21 million in cap space tied up in 2 players (Gross and Gamble). We could clear the $10 million next year just by reworking the contract of these two no problem.

This story is good press for the chicken little's. Nothing more.

#85 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,282 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

How many of the 32 teams truly air it out?

The ones with a QB and WR.

#86 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,759 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

True story: Fox held a gun to Hurney's head, and told him to draft Clausen, and Edwards.

true story. that happened after fox lost control.

'09 was the last year of having things the way fox wanted them.

clausen was all on hurney trying to find a QB for the next HC. not a great move but whatever. water under the bridge. edwards was a richardson push although hurney was on that bandwagon as well. both those decisions were made for the next HC's team. that's just one of those things i wish had shook out differently, but oh well.

we did pick up a couple other good/decent players in that draft, though. doesn't make everything all right, but it makes it slightly less of a bust. you've kind of got to expect results like that when you don't have a HC helping with the personnel decisions.

#87 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,160 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

I trust that Hurney will make it work, much like he made it work in keeping our core players.

#88 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

If there's doubt in anyone's mind that signing Cam long term is this franchise's #1 priority you must really think the front office is run by monkeys. They wouldn't have resigned Stew if it jeopardized that, period.

#89 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,092 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Cut everyone, resign Cam #Hurneymagic #Dealwithit

#90 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

It never ceases to amaze me on all the hate Hurney gets. Every team in the league has holes and about 20 of them have a less talented roster than the Panthers.

These guys that hate Hurney would likely not be satisfied but with maybe 5 current gms in the nfl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.