#1 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,827 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

Just started playing it due to the ridiculous hype surrounding it. Anyone want to squad up?

#2 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

What system?

#3 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

its a mod for arma II+expansion. pretty much only reason people buy arma II now. for pc. i heard rumors its gonna go standalone on its own engine since the mod in arma II is buggy as hell.

#4 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,827 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

What system?

PC.

#5 Meltfaces

Meltfaces

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Just started playing it due to the ridiculous hype surrounding it. Anyone want to squad up?

Been playing for the last few weeks, game is awesome. Hackers have been a bit of an issue but they are finally getting it under control. Ive been looking for people to group with, got 3 friends who play, but they don't play all that much. I am down to put a squad together though.

PS: It has been confirmed that Rocket(develpoer of the mod) and Bohemia Interactive(developer of Arma 2) are working together to create a standalone DayZ game.

#6 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

I was going to get it but may wait for standalone.

#7 Meltfaces

Meltfaces

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

I was going to get it but may wait for standalone.

Probably gonna be quite a bit of time till a standalone comes out. They just announced that they were developing it 2 weeks ago. You can get arma 2: Combined Operations pack for like $20 on steam, and the mod of course is free.

#8 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Yeah it's 30 bucks now, it was 20 on steam sale. I may wait and see how GW2 does and if it pulls me in. WarZ if you haven't looked it, is a MMO coming out that is like this and has been in works for a while. It's going to be like $30 bucks and have no sub fees.

#9 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,827 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

bump got the standalone. sucks.

#10 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,827 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

Yeah it's 30 bucks now, it was 20 on steam sale. I may wait and see how GW2 does and if it pulls me in. WarZ if you haven't looked it, is a MMO coming out that is like this and has been in works for a while. It's going to be like $30 bucks and have no sub fees.

did you get it?

#11 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

WarZ?  I did, it was terrible, I got a refund.   It's on Steam called "Infestation Stories" now, it's bad.  DayZ, not yet, but I heard it's in early alpha so I wouldn't expect much yet.

#12 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

I got the standalone for DayZ. It's definitely not even close to complete. But it's an early access (I think dev is still in alpha) game so that's expected especially coming from the Mod to own environment. In populated servers it's pretty amusing. I feel like as long as you got a buddy or couple of people to play with, the alpha should still be plenty of fun. I tried to lonewolf it and it didn't work out very well. Especially at night.. visibility is pretty bad, and the flashlight lighting is still awkward and it often blocks itself from light (light doesn't bounce off certain objects very well at night). Completely diff experience in daytime.

WarZ got completely shitlisted by the community. It was a terrible game with terrible people behind the scenes. Nice to know the community has some common sense and doesn't blindly get suckered into getting poo games.

#13 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

What's really funny about WarZ/Infestation is that it's got a metacritic of 20 and there are a bunch of people that say it's better then dayZ and that everyone who has a bad experience in the game is an idiot that doesn't know how to play.  

#14 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

So neither of these games are good?

#15 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,047 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

I think DayZ WILL be good eventually, WArZ/Infestation ,never.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com