Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roster Battles

76 posts in this topic

Posted

We have our starting FB on kickoffs?

Posted

Kearse over Norwood.

Posted

Final roster spot:

Assuming that we keep three QBs (we will), and that seven linebackers are being kept for certain roles (Anderson, Beason, Keek, Davis, Onatolu, Senn, Applewhite). Defense

DE: Johnson, Hardy, Alexander, Keiser, Norwood

LB: Beason, Keuchly, Anderson, Davis, Applewhite, Onatolu, Senn

Applewhite is a DE not a LB. Phillips is the backup at MLB and he will definitely make the 53 man roster. Norwood wont make the team.

Posted

We have our starting FB on kickoffs?

Yes, lol I watched it on preseason replay.

The reason why is because he was actually San Diego's special teams ace last year. He picked up 12 tackles on special teams last year.

Posted

Look for either TD, Hogan, or Gettis to be put on the new Marquis player IR, leaving them available after week 8. I still think it's possible TD retires. Another possibility is to put one of these guys on the PUP.

Don't see Norwood making it.

If we cut Kearse, we are crazy unless we pick someone else up. The reality is, Kearse is a better player than Fua. Both were rookies last year so development curves are probably similar, and Fua has shown me absolutely nothing.

Hartsock had a bad game Saturday; don't think he makes it.

Nortman makes it. Medlock should.

Posted

Ogemdi Nwagbuo might make it over Kearse. Nwagbuo actually played well during the time he got this past Saturday.

Posted

Ogemdi Nwagbuo might make it over Kearse. Nwagbuo actually played well during the time he got this past Saturday.

Agree that he played well. Is he a nose or a 3-tech?

If I were cutting a nose, I'd cut Fua.

Posted

I don't see Norwood or Neblett making this team. (Only because Neblett misses 4 games)

I do see us bringing in a DT and possibly secondary help after teams trim to final rosters.

I agree that they might bring in some DL help from outside. I would be a lot more comfortable with that. hopefully someone to replace neblett and someone who can put some heat on the QB

Applewhite is a DE not a LB. Phillips is the backup at MLB and he will definitely make the 53 man roster. Norwood wont make the team.

he was listed as a DE when the roster was first published. and I beleive Keek is the backup MLB, and Senn can play third string. Don't see how they have room for phillips.

As for the previously mentioned Tutu. I agree, he wouldn't be my choice. My choice would be either murphy or Gettis (after he gets off PUP) or Edwards. I still don't think Gettis really adds much that murphy doesn't add though. the reason I have tutu there is the same reason nanee started for most of last year. RR seems to like him.

Posted

I'd have to go back and watch to be honest with you.

Posted

24929712.jpg

Posted

Please no Pugh this year

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand why everyone loves Gettis so much.