Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roster Battles

76 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't read this whole thread, so someone may have said this already but there is a very good excuse for him to not have kicked it into the end zone, the coaches probably told him not to.

The coaches know what the kickers can do on kickoffs as they see it in practice, not like a FG with having to do it against a live rush and with pressure. I'm sure in the preseason the coaches a lot of times ask them not to put it into the endzone so they can see how their coverage is doing. The reason it only made it to the 10 was probably because he accidentally took too much leg out of it and it came up very short.

Season...end zone...touchback

Whoever kicks, make it happen lol

Posted

Injuries could play a huge role in who stays and who goes.

We would probably be surprised at seeing what our opening roster will be.

Cannot understand why Clausen is still on the team.

Did Adams have a lot of dropped catches in college?

He looked pretty good in his return.

Posted

I haven't read this whole thread, so someone may have said this already but there is a very good excuse for him to not have kicked it into the end zone, the coaches probably told him not to.

The coaches know what the kickers can do on kickoffs as they see it in practice, not like a FG with having to do it against a live rush and with pressure. I'm sure in the preseason the coaches a lot of times ask them not to put it into the endzone so they can see how their coverage is doing. The reason it only made it to the 10 was probably because he accidentally took too much leg out of it and it came up very short.

Good point imo.

Posted

Cannot understand why Clausen is still on the team.

His low salary (around 500k) saves him the spot this year I am afraight.