CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

We have our starting FB on kickoffs?

Yes, lol I watched it on preseason replay.

The reason why is because he was actually San Diego's special teams ace last year. He picked up 12 tackles on special teams last year.

#17 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Look for either TD, Hogan, or Gettis to be put on the new Marquis player IR, leaving them available after week 8. I still think it's possible TD retires. Another possibility is to put one of these guys on the PUP.

Don't see Norwood making it.

If we cut Kearse, we are crazy unless we pick someone else up. The reality is, Kearse is a better player than Fua. Both were rookies last year so development curves are probably similar, and Fua has shown me absolutely nothing.

Hartsock had a bad game Saturday; don't think he makes it.

Nortman makes it. Medlock should.

#18 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Ogemdi Nwagbuo might make it over Kearse. Nwagbuo actually played well during the time he got this past Saturday.

#19 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ogemdi Nwagbuo might make it over Kearse. Nwagbuo actually played well during the time he got this past Saturday.

Agree that he played well. Is he a nose or a 3-tech?

If I were cutting a nose, I'd cut Fua.

#20 paulSM

paulSM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

I don't see Norwood or Neblett making this team. (Only because Neblett misses 4 games)

I do see us bringing in a DT and possibly secondary help after teams trim to final rosters.

I agree that they might bring in some DL help from outside. I would be a lot more comfortable with that. hopefully someone to replace neblett and someone who can put some heat on the QB

Applewhite is a DE not a LB. Phillips is the backup at MLB and he will definitely make the 53 man roster. Norwood wont make the team.

he was listed as a DE when the roster was first published. and I beleive Keek is the backup MLB, and Senn can play third string. Don't see how they have room for phillips.

As for the previously mentioned Tutu. I agree, he wouldn't be my choice. My choice would be either murphy or Gettis (after he gets off PUP) or Edwards. I still don't think Gettis really adds much that murphy doesn't add though. the reason I have tutu there is the same reason nanee started for most of last year. RR seems to like him.

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'd have to go back and watch to be honest with you.

#22 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Please no Pugh this year

#24 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

I don't understand why everyone loves Gettis so much.

#25 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

I understand this sentiment and know it is unlikely. The only thing I'm sure of is Fua is perhaps the most overmatched 1 tech I've ever watched, and after watching him Saturday, he has not made any strides since last year.

And look at it this way...he was almost a 4th round pick.

Edit: And actually, I expect Clausen, Fua, and Armanti to all be out of the league within 2 years. That's a 2nd rounder and two 3rds.

#26 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Well actually Fua busted up a double on kuechly's goal line stop. Allowed a free lane to the ball carrier that was our best play against the run with the first unit

#27 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Well actually Fua busted up a double on kuechly's goal line stop. Allowed a free lane to the ball carrier that was our best play against the run with the first unit

Yes, I saw that. It was a nice play.

However, he followed that up by some very poor snaps (he didn't get many), getting stood straight up in a 1 on 1 matchup and pushed to the side, then getting pushed straight down to the ground on another snap.

He just doesn't look to me like NFL material. And I know the guy is like 310 lbs., but he looks like a child next to Ron Edwards. Kalil says he's strong, but I haven't seen evidence that he plays strong.

Standing by my prediction (out of the league in less than 2 years) but hoping I'm dead wrong.

#28 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

I understand this sentiment and know it is unlikely. The only thing I'm sure of is Fua is perhaps the most overmatched 1 tech I've ever watched, and after watching him Saturday, he has not made any strides since last year.

And look at it this way...he was almost a 4th round pick.

Edit: And actually, I expect Clausen, Fua, and Armanti to all be out of the league within 2 years. That's a 2nd rounder and two 3rds.

After watching Fua and Mcclain in about 8 games extensively last year via, NFL Rewind I must say I think you are wrong about Fua. The dude is no all pro but as rookie playing next to another rookie I think he did okay all things considered. I'm gonna steal Rivera's favorite word and say he "flashed" at times last year. Not the kind of stuff that will show up on stat sheets, but I personally have much more faith in him than Mcclain at this point.

Also, unless Davis experiences some major setback(let's hope not) I see no reason why he would retire? Are you expecting him to have another tear or something?

Davis has worked way too hard to come back and just say fug it I retire without good reason.

#29 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I think Josh Thomas is closer to making the team than people think. Rivera seems to be behind the kid

#30 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

After watching Fua and Mcclain in about 8 games extensively let year via, NFL Rewind I must say I think you are wrong about Fua. The dude is no all pro but as rookie playing next to another rookie I think he did okay all things considered. I'm gonna steal Rivera's favorite word and say he "flashed" at times last year. Not the kind of stuff that will show up on stat sheets, but I personally have much more faith in him than Mcclain at this point.

Also, unless Davis experiences some major setback(let's hope not) I see no reason why he would retire? Are you expecting him to have another tear or something?

Davis has worked way too hard to come back and just say fug it I retire without good reason.

Good comments on Fua. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

As to Davis, my fear is he will be plagued by these nagging little setbacks that never allow him to get in any real work. The team and Thomas would then have a very difficult decision. Put him on reg season PUP? Designate him marquis IR so he can try to come back after week 8? IR him again?

It is just a difficult situation, and Thomas may at some point think it's in the best interests of everyone to retire.

Like with Fua, I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than to see both these guys contribute heavily this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.