• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#46 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'm curious to see what happens to Reynolds from BYU.

#47 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Very interesting takes on the 53. It's a give and take on a few... I'll reserve comment till at least before or after the 3rd Preseason game.

I'm reserving my comments until after the final 53-man roster is released so I can claim to have been right all along and point out all the idiots in this thread.

No more mention of Gettis getting cut, kthx

#48 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

I agree that Gettis should get a gig if healthy, but man, he needs to get healthy quickly. Ron's not going to keep a guy who hasn't shown anything during camp, doesn't matter if it's fair or not.

#49 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,802 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

the WR3 spot has pretty much been secured by Murphy

Gettis is going to have to wait until somewhere in the regular season to outperform him enough to where he gets put back above him on the depth chart.

#50 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,713 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

One thing to keep in mind while filling out rosters...while Neblett counts as part of our 90 man roster and the 75 man roster after 1st cuts, he will not count against the 53 while serving his suspension.

So assuming he would have made the 53, we'll have 4 weeks to maybe try out one of the rookie DT's, and then put them on the practice squad when Neblett returns.

Players can be active in up to 6 games without losing their PS eligibility. So maybe Chandler or Van Bergen have a chance after all.

Another option...maybe Armanti makes the 53 at the beginning of the season to make sure he's available should Joe Adams really struggle in the first 4 games. A bit of insurance if you will.

There are a number of possibilities. One that doesn't seem likely would be keeping Mare long enough to see how Medlock does in real games. Reason? He carries a high salary, and that salary would be guaranteed for the full year even if we cut him after week 4.

Lots of fun scenarios to think about...

#51 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

I'm reserving my comments until after the final 53-man roster is released so I can claim to have been right all along and point out all the idiots in this thread.

You can choose to reserve your comments until after the final 53 if you think it's going to make you feel smarter. This is a Forum, people give their opinions/comments, but it doesn't make them any more of an idiot than your comments make you an idiot.

#52 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

You can choose to reserve your comments until after the final 53 if you think it's going to make you feel smarter. This is a Forum, people give their opinions/comments, but it doesn't make them any more of an idiot than your comments make you an idiot.

Wow, way to totally miss it. Five or six feet over your head, at least. Lol

#53 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

wifff

#54 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,707 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

One thing to keep in mind while filling out rosters...while Neblett counts as part of our 90 man roster and the 75 man roster after 1st cuts, he will not count against the 53 while serving his suspension.

So assuming he would have made the 53, we'll have 4 weeks to maybe try out one of the rookie DT's, and then put them on the practice squad when Neblett returns.

Players can be active in up to 6 games without losing their PS eligibility. So maybe Chandler or Van Bergen have a chance after all.

Another option...maybe Armanti makes the 53 at the beginning of the season to make sure he's available should Joe Adams really struggle in the first 4 games. A bit of insurance if you will.

There are a number of possibilities. One that doesn't seem likely would be keeping Mare long enough to see how Medlock does in real games. Reason? He carries a high salary, and that salary would be guaranteed for the full year even if we cut him after week 4.

Lots of fun scenarios to think about...

You sure he won't count?

Even if he doesn't, we could go in with 52 guys until he comes back

#55 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Promoted to article. Excellent post.

#56 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Wow, way to totally miss it. Five or six feet over your head, at least. Lol

Throw an accurate pass and I'll catch it.

#57 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

wifff

Yeah

#58 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,162 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

chaos was making a joke...he's going to wait until after the 53 man roster is named to name who he thinks will make the 53 man roster so he can be right.

nvm....what he said was kind of funny. the reaction to it made it funnier.

#59 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Cut Pilares to replace him with another WR? Who exactly is going to replace him? Tutu? AE? haha

And how do you see it would keep an extra WR? Do you not consider Pilares a receiver?

I do consider him a receiver, but he will make the team as a KR more than anything else. I am not saying Pilares will get cut, but it wouldn't surprise me if Adams took some KR in preseason. If Adams can handle the KR duties, this really puts pressure on Pilares to produce as a WR. Gettis and Tutu are locks at this point in my opinion.

Someone will get cut that shocks everyone and I'm not sure Pilares is a lock.

#60 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

• HUDDLER
  • 3,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

chaos was making a joke...he's going to wait until after the 53 man roster is named to name who he thinks will make the 53 man roster so he can be right.

nvm....what he said was kind of funny. the reaction to it made it funnier.

I obviously missed the joke and probably would again. The joke, any joke is only funny to those that know you well enough to know that you're joking. But thanks for the explanation, with all of the smart remarks, disrespectful and or degrading comments that goes on in the huddle for no reason, a joke has help slipping through, especially to the unknown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com