Photo
- - - - -

Galaxy has 'billions of Earths'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#37 natty

natty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

We might be babies, we might not, we could be cockroaches compared to others, or not. We might find out at some point, we might not. Developing intelligence does not mean we are 'more evolved' and is definitely not required for survival. It could actually be the worse thing that could happen to a species(or genus/family/whatever) or it could be the best thing. We are dumb and ignorant. We have known unknowns, unknown unknowns, unknown unknown unknowns, unknown unknown unknown unknowns, unknown unknown unknown unknown unknowns -> ∞.

#38 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:31 AM

that's what i meant by babies. i'm not speaking subjectively, i'm speaking objectively. we are really only beginning to understand how much we actually don't understand.

#39 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

Well statistically you would expect that there are much more advanced species than us in the universe simply based upon the age of the universe and the period of that time which our species has been in existance.

If, for example, we have been around for 0.00000000000001% of the life of the universe.

If there were another species on another planet that had been in existance for 0.00000000000002% of the time since the universe sprang into being they would be much more advanced than we are now.