Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera's camp wrap interview

48 posts in this topic

Posted

or we can just watch Godfrey do what he has done all 4 previous years.....struggle w/ coverage assignments and open field ball carriers.

it is what it is.

Or, maybe Norman can be that guy and give us two solid CBs. That would allow Godfrey to actually play his own position. Instead of cheating to help, he can stay home.

It will be what it is.

1 person likes this

Posted

Our starting #2 cornerback is currently Captain Munnerlyn and Godfrey is the blame for the bad coverage. It's Godfrey's fault that he's never in the right spot because our cornerbacks are flawless.

Posted

Our starting #2 cornerback is currently Captain Munnerlyn and Godfrey is the blame for the bad coverage. It's Godfrey's fault that he's never in the right spot because our cornerbacks are flawless.

Can always count on you to have a unique spin on things. Capt. is the starter at this time. If Norman continues to flash, I would expect that to change. Norman reminds me a little of Capt. Fiesty, plays with confindence, and has a chip on his shoulder. Only with more size.

If Norman does win that other CB spot it can only help Godfrey. It would allow Godfrey to focus on his own responsibilities and assignments. Might just make a positive difference? Why Not?

Posted

Or, maybe Norman can be that guy and give us two solid CBs. That would allow Godfrey to actually play his own position. Instead of cheating to help, he can stay home.

It will be what it is.

Godfrey has never played S well at any level....he just isn't a S. FS or SS regardless of CBs on the field....he consistantly has struggled with coverage assignments and open field ball carriers.

Cheating in coverage has nothing to do with a S not being able to tackle runners in the open field.

Posted

This Godfrey can't play S campaign began in 2008.

So let's not act like Captain started something in 2011....and Martin at FS was more often responsible for aiding Captain not Godfrey.

Posted

Let's just all agree our secondary needs work and move on

1 person likes this

Posted

my computer is fine playing videos on every site except panthers.com.. fuging hate that piece of poo.

Posted

It's ok if you think Godfrey is the worst safety in the league. But quit saying stuff like "WE" think he is the worst safety in the league. Or he hasn't played well at safety even when he was an alternate for the pro bowl. He is not Reed or Polamalu, but he isn't the worst player in the history of league either.

1 person likes this

Posted

my computer is fine playing videos on every site except panthers.com.. fuging hate that piece of poo.

maybe get a new computer?

Posted

Godfrey has never played S well at any level....he just isn't a S. FS or SS regardless of CBs on the field....he consistantly has struggled with coverage assignments and open field ball carriers.

Cheating in coverage has nothing to do with a S not being able to tackle runners in the open field.

As a Big10 fan I have to disagree with your assessment. Iowa used him where they needed him. He did it well enough to be drafted. And has generally done a fine job for us. As a Lions fan, let me tell you. Godfrey is not as bad as you believe.

I pay attention to him probably more than anyone else. He throws his body around, he is solid in run support, he does catch the ball when he gets the chance, he does go for the shot not the tackle too often, but he has been pretty solid too me.

Would I make a change if it were available? Damm Skippy! Solid is fine. But, I would not quit looking to upgrade.

Posted

Godfrey's problems can't all be laid off on the corners. Watch his play against Houston where he was in man coverage vs the TE. He got juked out of his shoes by a bigger and probably less athletic player, and was in no position to make any kind of play on the ball.

That's why some of us have a hard time reconciling what Rivera says vs what we see on the field.

Posted

maybe get a new computer?

that seems pointless since there is only 1 POS website I have to avoid....