55 replies to this topic

#16 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

there is no reason for obama to switch biden and clinton and the only people i've heard suggesting this are dedicated fox news watchers so i'm not really counting on it

#17 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,731 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:56 AM

Hillary indicated in January that she was ready to retire from public life. She will likely stay on as SoS only long enough for her replacement to be selected if President Obama is reelected.

There has been some speculation that she is just taking time off to gear up for another run at the Presidency in 2016.

There is no political benefit for her to be VP.

While there is still time for an unforeseen event to change the outcome of the election, as it stands now, President Obama will win a second term in a close race. The GOP will retain the House with a smaller majority and the Senate is up for grabs.

The obstructionist strategy of the GOP will continue in the second term, putting their party before our country, little if any meaningful legislation will be passed and our economy will continue to sputter along. Eventually, global confidence in the poorly regulated financial markets will tank once again, making 2008 look like a walk in the park.

#18 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

Just a few weeks back, "landslide" win was being passed around here like a bad cold. Now we say "narrow" win for Obama? Like I said, do not put stock in July polling. Stay tuned.

#19 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

who's we?

#20 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

people like Bill/Hill don't retire from public life.........

#21 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,731 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Just a few weeks back, "landslide" win was being passed around here like a bad cold. Now we say "narrow" win for Obama? Like I said, do not put stock in July polling. Stay tuned.

Can't speak for others on here but this is the first time I have commented on the election outcome. You are right, there is still too much time to call the election with any confidence.

I would never dismiss the possibility ot the American public that reelected GWB voting for Gov Romney.

Why wouldn't the American public vote for Gov Romney? He is proposing to utilize many of the same adivisors and implement many of the exact same economic and foreign policies that GWB used leading up to the greatest economic disaster in 70 years.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I think Florida moves solidly into the Romney column. Ohio/Virginia will be the true battleground states.

#23 beach

beach

|-~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,071 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

No matter who wins, I think we will see more progress on the economic/housing/jobs side in the next four years so it will be the same complaining from the other side until 2016. I do think Romney can win it and G is right about it coming down to Virginia & Ohio....but don't sleep on Obama in Florida. Its gonna continue to be a tight race.

It will be a long few months of shadow-boxing until the election

#24 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

Colorado now tied
Wisconsin now has Romney up slightly
Iowa very close now.

Again, this too will ebb and flow

Late September, it will start to solidify

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,727 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

I really don't think Virginia is going to be that close. Soo...it will really come down to Ohio and a collection of small state electoral numbers.

If Romney's able to solidify Ohio, Virginia (I think that's actually light red), Florida (I think that's light red too), along with Wisconsin? It's over for Obama.

Let's just say Romney carries Ohio, Virginia, and Florida and Obama carries Wisconsin...it then comes down to a mix match of small states like NV, IA, CO, and NH.

http://www.cnn.com/v...ectoral-map.cnn

Long ways away.

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

http://www.examiner....esidential-race

#27 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Obama has a 66.7% chance of winning.

#28 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,205 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

-----

Wait, isn't Dr. Ron Paul out of the presidential race? Isn't it all tied up nicely in a bow with the Romney/Ryan ticket?

No.

Why would the GOP be scared of Ron Paul but end up nominating him?

I'll explain.

Romney and the GOP have demonstrated both poor judgment and poor sportsmanship that might cost them by damaging Romney's electability among the Ron Paul supporters thus leading to a splitting of votes, which in turn, could cost the GOP the entire election.

Dr. Ron Paul is still in the race for president and is a strong contender for the 2012 GOP nomination.

To be on the GOP ballot Aug. 27, 2012 in Tampa and get a 15-minute speaking slot, a candidate must have won the plurality (majority) of delegates in at least 5 states.

Well, Ron Paul did win the plurality of delegates in 5 states, enough to be eligible for the nomination and a 15-minute speaking slot at the GOP convention. The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada. Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney's home state and half the delegates in Oregon. Dr. Ron Paul also has around 500 delegates who support him. The exact number of delegates that Romney and Paul have is still a mystery but should be clarified at the convention.

So... Ron Paul won his 5-plus states, he's on the ballot and writing his speech, right? Not exactly.

http://www.huffingto..._b_1814846.html

------

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,968 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

66.7?

#30 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Well, Ron Paul did win the plurality of delegates in 5 states, enough to be eligible for the nomination and a 15-minute speaking slot at the GOP convention. The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada. Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney's home state and half the delegates in Oregon. Dr. Ron Paul also has around 500 delegates who support him. The exact number of delegates that Romney and Paul have is still a mystery but should be clarified at the convention.

from what i understand, nevada is "winner take all" so he gets no delegates. in louisiana paul picked up 17 of the state's 41 delegates, with the rest going to romney. as much as i would love for ron paul ob/gyn to crash the convention, it's not going to happen. it may get a little contentious but there is no realistic way that paul leaves tampa bay with the nomination

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.