Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Stirs Mock Election 1.0

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:10 AM

I really don't think Virginia is going to be that close. Soo...it will really come down to Ohio and a collection of small state electoral numbers.

If Romney's able to solidify Ohio, Virginia (I think that's actually light red), Florida (I think that's light red too), along with Wisconsin? It's over for Obama.

Let's just say Romney carries Ohio, Virginia, and Florida and Obama carries Wisconsin...it then comes down to a mix match of small states like NV, IA, CO, and NH.

http://www.cnn.com/v...ectoral-map.cnn

Long ways away.

#26 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

http://www.examiner....esidential-race

#27 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Obama has a 66.7% chance of winning.

#28 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

-----

Wait, isn't Dr. Ron Paul out of the presidential race? Isn't it all tied up nicely in a bow with the Romney/Ryan ticket?

No.

Why would the GOP be scared of Ron Paul but end up nominating him?

I'll explain.

Romney and the GOP have demonstrated both poor judgment and poor sportsmanship that might cost them by damaging Romney's electability among the Ron Paul supporters thus leading to a splitting of votes, which in turn, could cost the GOP the entire election.

Dr. Ron Paul is still in the race for president and is a strong contender for the 2012 GOP nomination.

To be on the GOP ballot Aug. 27, 2012 in Tampa and get a 15-minute speaking slot, a candidate must have won the plurality (majority) of delegates in at least 5 states.

Well, Ron Paul did win the plurality of delegates in 5 states, enough to be eligible for the nomination and a 15-minute speaking slot at the GOP convention. The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada. Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney's home state and half the delegates in Oregon. Dr. Ron Paul also has around 500 delegates who support him. The exact number of delegates that Romney and Paul have is still a mystery but should be clarified at the convention.

So... Ron Paul won his 5-plus states, he's on the ballot and writing his speech, right? Not exactly.

http://www.huffingto..._b_1814846.html

------

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

66.7?

#30 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Well, Ron Paul did win the plurality of delegates in 5 states, enough to be eligible for the nomination and a 15-minute speaking slot at the GOP convention. The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada. Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney's home state and half the delegates in Oregon. Dr. Ron Paul also has around 500 delegates who support him. The exact number of delegates that Romney and Paul have is still a mystery but should be clarified at the convention.

from what i understand, nevada is "winner take all" so he gets no delegates. in louisiana paul picked up 17 of the state's 41 delegates, with the rest going to romney. as much as i would love for ron paul ob/gyn to crash the convention, it's not going to happen. it may get a little contentious but there is no realistic way that paul leaves tampa bay with the nomination

#31 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Paul already made a deal with the Republicans, didn't he? He's not speaking, but his son is.

#32 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

Paul already made a deal with the Republicans, didn't he? He's not speaking, but his son is.

yeah but this has more to do with paul's crazy as fug base than it does dr. paul ob/gyn himself

i fully expect them to act ignorant but romney is leaving tampa the nominee regardless

#33 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

yeah... hell Paul would never challenge his party like that even if it was possible...

#34 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

yeah. at the end of the day, paul is a republican

#35 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

at least he is now. I think there might have been a time when he would do more, but I think he is trying to look out for his son, his own legacy, etc... not that I fault him... his party is his party.

eh, whatever.

#36 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

http://www.dispatch....in-control.html

Even before September, things are starting to get interesting. And the Repub convention can only help further. Gonna be a fun September on this board