Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stumpy

Where does the 2011 Panthers rushing offense rank all-time?

31 posts in this topic

It's simply a metric on how efficient the running game is.

St. Louis's 2000 running game is right next to us. With a pass/run ratio of 631/383, is anybody going to confuse them with a running team? Or rather a balanced team?

also, the quote which the OP failed to post that was very telling...

There's more moving up and down here than on the passing table, because the leaguewide "raw VOA" of the running game was a lot lower back in the late 90's. Teams may be running less now, but they are running much more efficiently. You'll notice that the 2010 Eagles and 2010 Patriots both fall out of the top dozen altogether once we've normalized for each year. (The Eagles are now 16th, the Patriots 17th.)

obviously, you're going to run better with less attempts, especially if you have a very good QB.

THIS IS A QB driven league now. Soon to be a 7 on 7 league with flags. Keep beating the drum CRA I'm with ya. Freaking RB's who needs them they should only block.

THIS IS A QB driven league now. Soon to be a 7 on 7 league with flags. Keep beating the drum CRA I'm with ya. Freaking RB's who needs them they should only block.

I just find it funny our RBs touched the ball at an all time low.....and people are using the Cam Newton effect to claim we were wise to continue to over invest in the backfield.

I didn't see 2008 or 2009 on that top 10 list when Double Trouble were the heart and soul of the offense.

Good luck on that "Cam is the only reason our offense is good" argument, CRA.

Keep at it. You'll convince us all one day.

Good luck on that "Cam is the only reason our offense is good" argument, CRA.

Keep at it. You'll convince us all one day.

Find a post where I said that? LOL.

Cam Newton was a HUGE part in our ground attack being the most efficient in franchise history (and arguably NFL history)....is what I have repeatedly said. Reducing his role intentionally is silly.

I have also said, Cam + half Doube Trouble was enough to have the best attack potentially in the league

Opposing teams having a season's worth of our game film couldn't possibly make it difficult for Cam to repeat the success of last season, right? Cam is just going to magically come out of nowhere and surprise the league all over again because teams don't bother game-planning these days anymore. They just tie up their laces and see what happens. We really should focus on making our offense completely one-dimensional, solely focused on Cam because there's no way teams will do their homework and be ready this time around.

I mean, who does that? study film? It's only a game.

Opposing teams having a season's worth of our game film couldn't possibly make it difficult for Cam to repeat the success of last season, right? Cam is just going to magically come out of nowhere and surprise the league all over again because teams don't bother game-planning these days anymore. They just tie up their laces and see what happens. We really should focus on making our offense completely one-dimensional, solely focused on Cam because there's no way teams will do their homework and be ready this time around.

I mean, who does that? study film? It's only a game.

Who has said we should have a one dimensional offense? Not me.

Cam is a physical mismatch and has potential to be one of the biggest in NFL history. A years worth of game field ain't gonna change that. Plus he did all that on the fly.... isn't like Cam isn't going to know more just l like Ds

A year's worth of game film will change that. What are you nuts? You must think Chud just sat on his ass all offseason and is content on using the same playbook he used last season. Cam is talented, but he isn't Jesus. There's really no reason to expect his success to be a guarantee, especially when he's getting ready for only his second season in the league. Teams will have plenty of film to dissect our offense and will be ready with ideas on how to shut us down.

This offense has to evolve to remain competitive. Yes, that means it's not going to look the same as it did last season. If Chud believes the key to improve upon last season's offense is for Cam's role as a "weapon" to get smaller, then so be it. This whole "We should do exactly what we did last season, except win the Super Bowl" idea of yours is just a ridiculous thing to expect in this league. I'm glad you aren't our offensive coordinator.

A year's worth of game film will change that. What are you nuts? You must think Chud just sat on his ass all offseason and is content on using the same playbook he used last season. Cam is talented, but he isn't Jesus. There's really no reason to expect his success to be a guarantee, especially when he's getting ready for only his second season in the league. Teams will have plenty of film to dissect our offense and will be ready with ideas on how to shut us down.

This offense has to evolve to remain competitive. Yes, that means it's not going to look the same as it did last season. If Chud believes the key to improve upon last season's offense is for Cam's role as a "weapon" to get smaller, then so be it. This whole "We should do exactly what we did last season, except win the Super Bowl" idea of yours is just a ridiculous thing to expect in this league. I'm glad you aren't our offensive coordinator.

You are just making up stuff. Or course Chud will continue to expand and open up stuff.

My point is a mismatch is a mismatch. A years worth of film isn't going to suddenly make

Cam not the unique nightmare he presents to teams.

I just find it funny our RBs touched the ball at an all time low.....and people are using the Cam Newton effect to claim we were wise to continue to over invest in the backfield.

I didn't see 2008 or 2009 on that top 10 list when Double Trouble were the heart and soul of the offense.

Double trouble have had more combined snaps in 2011 then any other year. The fact that there not running the ball as frequently doesnt mean they arent having a simlar level of importance.

I dont see how it isnt wise. How is signing these two guys wrong? Its only going to improve the offence.