#46 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

I realize that Tannehill came to A&M as a QB. Rarely do you see top schools pull a random WR to become their QB. I understand his background as QB.

I am saying that Tannehill was doing well at the WR position and transitioned back to the QB where really didn't do that great to warrant the pick. He has funky mechanics and didn't have much experience as a QB in college. He was over drafted and the concerns were warranted.

I don't understand where I was wrong.

EDIT: Oh and I don't think he was playing WR strictly because WR was "thin." I am sure it had a lot to do with not making QB1 at the time.

Everything I bolded was said EXACTLY about Cam.

He was playing WR cause it was thin and he was a backup QB, I already said that.......

#47 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

This should be a very interesting game to watch.

#48 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

I almost can't believe you nuthuggers turned a game discussion with one of our friendly otherteamer's into a circle jerk into who got the most negative press Cam or Mrs.TannehillsPlayThing

ALMOST

#49 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

I am friendly...........until tonight.........

Posted Image

#50 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

Everything I bolded was said EXACTLY about Cam.

He was playing WR cause it was thin and he was a backup QB, I already said that.......

Right but Cam was more unwarranted. Cam produced on the field and was a very accurate passer. I am not saying they aren't similar because one didn't receive criticism and the other did. All I am saying is that Cam received unwarranted criticism where Tannehill was more warranted. I get Cam didn't play all 4 years but he was never asked to switch to WR. He was playing behind, arguably, the greatest college football player to ever play. There was little doubt in what Cam brought to the table he just needed to go somewhere where he could showcase it. And he showcased it more than Tannehill.

Obviously you cant start at QB and WR at the same time. So if he was starting at QB he wouldn't have been asked to play WR. He couldn't win out at QB so he opted to play WR.

#51 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,936 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Obviously you cant start at QB and WR at the same time. So if he was starting at QB he wouldn't have been asked to play WR. He couldn't win out at QB so he opted to play WR.

And now he is a first round pick with a chance to start his rookie season so why does it matter?

Newton was a back up his first two seasons as well.

#52 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

I hope tannchise wins the starting gig

Miami fans have been suffering long enough with poo QBing.

#53 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

And now he is a first round pick with a chance to start his rookie season so why does it matter?

Newton was a back up his first two seasons as well.

Yeah good for him. It doesn't matter where he started.

But, that's not what I was arguing.

#54 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

Yeah good for him. It doesn't matter where he started.

But, that's not what I was arguing.

What are you arguing? That he wasnt worth a 1st round pick? If he beats out Matt Moore to be our starting QB, how isnt that warranted? 32 people in the world start for nfl teams, if he is one of them, it's warranted, especially with his massive upside.

#55 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

I hope tannchise wins the starting gig

Miami fans have been suffering long enough with poo QBing.

Seriously, and this is without googling, and in no specific order....Since Marino Retired in '99

Fiedler, Feely, Griese, Culpepper, Harrington, Frerotte, Trent Green, Lemon, Beck, Henne, Pennington, Lucas, Moore, Thigpen, Huard, Rosenfels

16 starting qbs in 13 seasons. Disgusting.

#56 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

What are you arguing? That he wasnt worth a 1st round pick? If he beats out Matt Moore to be our starting QB, how isnt that warranted? 32 people in the world start for nfl teams, if he is one of them, it's warranted, especially with his massive upside.

If you go back to my original post, all I said was that Tannehill's situation shouldn't be compared to Cam because the majority of the concerns of him were warranted. When you watched him play he was overhyped and didn't warrant a top 10 pick. He wasn't necessarily a accurate passer and wasn't efficient.

Now I get the Dolphins needed a QB for the future and he has upside but I got why he was criticized.

#57 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

If you go back to my original post, all I said was that Tannehill's situation shouldn't be compared to Cam because the majority of the concerns of him were warranted. When you watched him play he was overhyped and didn't warrant a top 10 pick. He wasn't necessarily a accurate passer and wasn't efficient.

Now I get the Dolphins needed a QB for the future and he has upside but I got why he was criticized.

To be honest how was Cam's NOT warranted? What other spread offense QB came in and did what Cam did? None. He's the exception, not the rule. He threw off his back foot and had bad passing mechanics, all true. He supposedly couldnt read defenses or had a vanilla playbook....all true cam admitted as much in interviews. So the criticisms were warranted, he just proved them wrong over time.....I say we give Tannehill the chance to prove em wrong too.

#58 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yeah but you have to take Cam out of the system to evaluate him. You do that with any player.

So without focusing on that...Cam had a strong arm, he was accurate, and he was very efficient. I get the mechanics with his feet but that's about the only thing I get. You can't fault him for playing in what you call a vanilla offense. Although I think it was much more complex than people thought, but that's not the point. There was much more things wrong with Tannehill and was rated mostly on upside.

It'd be nice if Tannehill proved us wrong, but I see it as more of an uphill battle than Cam.

That's the last thing I'll say about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.