Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bengals waive WR Jordan Shipley

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Bengals today waived WR Jordan Shipley and K Thomas Weber

Worth a look? I thought this kid was going to be the next Wes Welker. Had 52 rec, 600 yds and 3 TDs his rookie year, then tore his ACL and MCL in week 2 last year and missed the season.

Posted · Report post

um yeah gettis!

Posted · Report post

SO... identical to Gettis, a dude we might have to cut anyway.

Posted · Report post

um yeah gettis!

Ha yeah, those were pretty much the same stats Gettis put up his rookie year (37 rec, 508 yds, 3 TDs). Shipley was a 3rd round pick in 2010 and for the Bengals to cut him now, probably means his knee hasn't been healing well. We don't need two WRs with ACL issues, just thought it was interesting cause a lot of people were high on Shipley going into the 2010 draft.

Posted · Report post

well hot damn.

never thought we'd be in a position to turn down a guy like that because of depth.

Posted · Report post

well hot damn.

never thought we'd be in a position to turn down a guy like that because of depth.

I was thinking the same thing. Have we ever had to say this about the Panthers and the WR position?

Posted · Report post

I would love to pick him up. If he works out great, if not, we slide him in on IR and give him a shot next year. Either way I say its a win for the panthers if we get him

Posted · Report post

Cut Armanti and sign this guy now!!! Since we cut Chris Manno, we've been violating Affrimative Action.

Posted · Report post

Hell yes! That is just what we need! Another ? To toss into the mix.

If the bangles cut him at this point in the preseason, what does that say? Didnt even make it to the first set of cuts? Bad news

Posted · Report post

With Hogan, Gettis, Beason, and Davis in residence, there is no more space in our long-term facility.

So no.

Posted · Report post

Hell yes! That is just what we need! Another ? To toss into the mix.

If the bangles cut him at this point in the preseason, what does that say? Didnt even make it to the first set of cuts? Bad news

We don't need him to contribute this year, but it'd be a nice pickup for the future. IR does not take a roster sport, so as long as we can handle his salary, no reason not to stash him for a year.

Posted · Report post

Any reason why they cut him? They lost Jerome Simpson in the offseason, so I would think they aren't as deep at WR and could use him. Makes me wonder about his knee...