203 replies to this topic

#1 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,424 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Been in San Diego for almost a week and will be here for the majority of the next couple years for graduate school.

For those in SoCal specifically the San Diego area, where do you go to watch games during the regular season? I'd love to meet up and get a good group together each Sunday throughout the season to watch the Panthers. It seems almost every fanbase has their bar out on the west coast except for Carolina.

So Cali Panther Nation, where do we go this season to cheer on our squad and enjoy good food and drink?

#2 Rook35200

Rook35200

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationFremont, CA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Been in San Diego for almost a week and will be here for the majority of the next couple years for graduate school.

For those in SoCal specifically the San Diego area, where do you go to watch games during the regular season? I'd love to meet up and get a good group together each Sunday throughout the season to watch the Panthers. It seems almost every fanbase has their bar out on the west coast except for Carolina.

So Cali Panther Nation, where do we go this season to cheer on our squad and enjoy good food and drink?

Good luck with that. I live in the bay area and the only sports bars I ever see cater mostly to 49er, Raider, and Steeler fans. I must say that there are some pretty good bars here where I can catch my panthers play every sunday, but i'm usually there alone (sucks).

I'll be making the trip down to San Diego on Dec 16 to see the Panthers play the Chargers. That will be my first time seeing them play in person.

#3 jfo89

jfo89

• ALL-PRO
  • 361 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, California

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

I don't know about san diego, but if you're ever in orange county I know a couple good places

#4 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,424 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

I also have two tickets to the Panthers @ Chargers game on 12/16... At the very least I think we could get quite the tailgate going pre-game.

#5 jfo89

jfo89

• ALL-PRO
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Im going to that game too.. Tailgate sounds good to me

#6 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

I don't know about san diego, but if you're ever in orange county I know a couple good places

I'm all ears man. I live in Irvine.

#7 DFive

DFive

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

I also have two tickets to the Panthers @ Chargers game on 12/16... At the very least I think we could get quite the tailgate going pre-game.

I got my tickets to that same game. Myself and fellow Huddler JayFlip both live in San Diego county and are going to said game. What part of San Diego you living in? JayFlip and I always get together to watch our Panthers play every Sunday. Even during the Clausen era! So let me know, and I'm down and I know JayFlip is down for a tailgate before the inevitable Charger beat down from Cam and Smitty.

#8 PFFC

PFFC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationTorrance, California

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Got tickets to the game too. Going with my father-in-law who is a big Chargers fan. Should be intresting...

I live near L.A. so I can't help with places to watch around S.D. Around here though when I used to go to the sports bars the Panthers would be playing on a tiny screen in some back corner of the room...thank God for NFL Ticket!

#9 SHoCK

SHoCK

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Los Angeles right here. Hopefully I can go to the charger game

#10 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

Flying in for the Chargers game tailgate sounds like a good idea.

#11 jfo89

jfo89

• ALL-PRO
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

I'm all ears man. I live in Irvine.

You can try out "myplace" in Huntington Beach. They show every game, good food, good waitresses. I'll be there for most of the games.

#12 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

You can try out "myplace" in Huntington Beach. They show every game, good food, good waitresses. I'll be there for most of the games.

is Huntington one of the beaches just south of LA??

#13 jfo89

jfo89

• ALL-PRO
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

is Huntington one of the beaches just south of LA??

Yea it's like 30 miles south of LA

#14 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yea it's like 30 miles south of LA

Thanks,....I rocked thru there 25 yrs. ago for a couple weeks.

meet some interesting women......fun times.

is Manhatten beach near by?

#15 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,783 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

As DFive said, we live in San Diego County about 30 minutes north of the stadium. Great little beach town called Oceanside. So if you're in "North County" we can give you the rundown on where to enjoy a good viewing from a local sports/dive bar.

Also, if you are north of Qualcomm, I heavily suggest using the Coaster before the game. It's a train that runs along the coast so you have miles and miles of waves and beach to look at, and the only rule is whatever booze you bring onto the coaster, you gotta drink it before you get off. It's like the 2nd stage of drinking for the game.

Stage 1: wake up and drink
Stage 2: get on the coaster and drink
Stage 3: tailgate with strangers outside the Q
Stage 4: drink expensive beers at game
Stage 5: find a bar after the game
Stage 6: find tallcans for the Coaster trip home
Stage 7: get home somehow and drink water...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com