Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate Mare.... but

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

His kickoff distance is way better than Medlock. The kicker spot is gonna be a tougher decision than I thought.

Posted · Report post

Mare can nibble on my bean bag after I run 10 miles then gtfo.

Posted · Report post

That's just nasty!!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If Medlock could just kickoff he would have this job. What the fug is wrong with his leg on kickoffs?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Udogg' timestamp='1345254102' post='1863102']
His kickoff distance is way better than Medlock. The kicker spot is gonna be a tougher decision than I thought.
[/quote]

I totally agree!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1345254358' post='1863114']
If Medlock could just kickoff he would have this job. What the fug is wrong with his leg on kickoffs?
[/quote]

damn good question

Posted · Report post

Kicking off of a tee for 70 yards is a bit different than having it on the ground with a holder. Some guys just struggle with kickoffs. Even if it hits at the 5 and we give the opposing offense the ball at around the 30, that isn't a big deal. Coverage has to be there whether we kick it 5 yards into the endzone or 10 yards short of the endzone.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='lightsout' timestamp='1345254486' post='1863117']
Kicking off of a tee for 70 yards is a bit different than having it on the ground with a holder. Some guys just struggle with kickoffs. Even if it hits at the 5 and we give the opposing offense the ball at around the 30, that isn't a big deal. Coverage has to be there whether we kick it 5 yards into the endzone or 10 yards short of the endzone.
[/quote]

If Medlock's allergy to touchbacks continues, Mare will be the kicker going into the season.

Posted · Report post

Meh, "short" kickoffs aren't much of a problem if you have good ST tackling/play. Some teams like shorter kickoffs to pin team inside the 10-15 instead of touchbacks.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ken' timestamp='1345254608' post='1863121']
Meh, "short" kickoffs aren't much of a problem [b]if you have good ST tackling/play[/b]. Some teams like shorter kickoffs to pin team inside the 10-15 instead of touchbacks.
[/quote]

I bolded the part that's relevant.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So kicking it past the goal line is short?

Posted · Report post

mare hate just seems to be "in" right now. i know we are trying to be "young" and all, and develop our guys. but mare has been in the league, and [hopefully] can take pressure situations. i look at it as:

mare's spot to lose

medlock has to wow me to take over the spot

medlock has been good, but nothing unbelievable, e.g., the weak leg on kicks offs [which means A LOT considering our shoddy special teams]

Posted · Report post

Im afraid Mare isnt going anywhere unless he totally hoses the next two practice games

Posted · Report post

I don't like Mare but Medlock is freaking me out. How do you have such a strong leg on FG but weak on kickoffs?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ken' timestamp='1345254608' post='1863121']
Meh, "short" kickoffs aren't much of [u][b]a problem if you have good ST tackling/play[/b][/u]. Some teams like shorter kickoffs to pin team inside the 10-15 instead of touchbacks.
[/quote]

You know whats the best way to handle that?????

Kick the ball out the endzone. Which Mare does well.

Posted · Report post

Medlock showing why he couldn't hang in the NFL. And WTF Sexbeervideogames..

Posted · Report post

Screw Mare. He sucks when it comes to FGs long then 40. Even tho Medlock might not do great on kickoffs. FGs are far more important. We need someone who kick the FG from like 54 and make it without missing it. Medlock seems to be that guy. Medlock can always get better with kickoffs. But Mare can never get no better at making long FGs. I want to see Mare gone. Screw him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Pantherman' timestamp='1345255651' post='1863164']
Screw Mare. He sucks when it comes to FGs long then 40. Even tho Medlock might not do great on kickoffs. FGs are far more important. We need someone who kick the FG from like 54 and make it without missing it. Medlock seems to be that guy. Medlock can always get better with kickoffs. But Mare can never get no better at making long FGs. I want to see Mare gone. Screw him.
[/quote]

Not when it comes to our special teams and field position. Medlock kickoffs give up 15 more yards then Mare. 15 yards means a lot for our defense.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1345256275' post='1863191']

Not when it comes to our special teams and field position. Medlock kickoffs give up 15 more yards then Mare. 15 yards means a lot for our defense.
[/quote]

Because its Medlock's fault that the KO team can't tackle.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

conspiracy theory:

the ST coach is telling medlock to kick it short so we can see our coverage team try and do their job right...

Posted · Report post

Medlock is the better place kicker, but man, he was about 1 or 2 guys away from two more kickoff returns for TDs tonight. And after last year, I can't stand Mare.

I just hope Medlock gets more consistent at getting it into the endzone, at least halfway, with some decent hangtime. If he can do that, the job is his.

Posted · Report post

Medlock needs to practice those kickoffs. This job is his if he gets that straightened out.

Posted · Report post

Does anyone else notice on XP's Mare's kicks look like knuckle balls when they go through and it's not even down the middle...I mean ya it's still good. But Medlock's kicks stay true and travel straight....and his FGs stay true as well...

Does this even matter?..it's kind of a minor detail...but just something I noticed...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Field Goal > Touchbacks

You can improve coverage teams. You can't improve a kickers ability to hit from 50+.

Posted · Report post

It's looking more and more like Mare will be our Kicker...