#16 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

Do we honestly need 3 QBs? I don't understand the point in it. Just keep Cam and Derek and maybe sign some other guy that is better than Jimmy. I say just sign some kid to the practice squad. Should have kept tony pike. Maybe we can give him a call

#17 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:43 AM

Jake was at least 4x the quarterback pickles will ever be.

#18 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

I may be in the minority here, but I think jimmy looked better tonight than he did in forever. He actually stood in the pocket like a man, and delivered the ball when he knew he was about to get hit, something he has never done before. of course he still has horrible pocket awareness and buckled under pressure quite a few times, but there was more than one occasion where he stood his ground and delivered some strikes downfield. possibly one of the best games I've ever seen him play... which isn't really saying much.

#19 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

I can't help but root for him. Call me crazy, but he's still a panther. It's probably because I'd like to see him traded and get some type of compensation for him in the end instead of letting him walk or cutting him.

So you're rooting for everyone currently on the team to make it or make a name for themselves so you can "get something for them"?

Of course you AREN'T.

#20 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

Do we honestly need 3 QBs? I don't understand the point in it. Just keep Cam and Derek and maybe sign some other guy that is better than Jimmy. I say just sign some kid to the practice squad. Should have kept tony pike. Maybe we can give him a call

The answer to your question is clearly "NO", but the tools on WFNZ won't even discuss only having 2 QBs as an option, probably because Steve Reed isn't discussing it as an option, and he isn't asking Hurney about it, who's probably not even thinking about it as an option.

I'd rather keep Armanti Edwards, because if push comes to shove he can be put in at QB, WR, or PR if forced to. He can also run a similar offense like what you want to do with Cam.

Clausen can't even do one thing, much less fill-in for three things.

#21 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

I'm just happy we only spent a 2nd round pick on him after hearing that Hurney was trying to trade to the front of the 2nd to get him.

Don't make me remind you what the going rate to do that is or who that pick turned into

But Hurney is infallible

#22 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

I can't help but root for him. Call me crazy, but he's still a panther. It's probably because I'd like to see him traded and get some type of compensation for him in the end instead of letting him walk or cutting him.

Sometimes its just best to let things go! Go Jimmy be free!

#23 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

Scene in Coach Rivera's office:

Edwards sheepishly peeks into coach's office, "Coach you wanted to see me."

Rivera: Yes did you bring your playbook.

Edwards fearing the worst hands his playbook to Coach.

Rivera quietly takes out special teams specific section and puts in qb specific section. "Starting next week your meeting schedule is changing, go talk to your new position coach."

#24 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

Our third string qb gets more threads than just about any third string qb in history.

The Golden Calf of Bristol begs to differ

#25 VipMattMan

VipMattMan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

I may be in the minority here, but I think jimmy looked better tonight than he did in forever. He actually stood in the pocket like a man, and delivered the ball when he knew he was about to get hit, something he has never done before. of course he still has horrible pocket awareness and buckled under pressure quite a few times

Agree. He looked better last night than he had in a long time, but he still has a serious case of David Carr syndrome. Until he gets over that, he's just not a capable QB.

#26 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Some of you are doing some serious turd polishing in here.

#27 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

If I was edwards I'd start learning how to hold on PAT's.

#28 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,486 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol begs to differ

Touche :)

Do have to point out though that The Golden Calf of Bristol is probably second on the Jets depth chart right now. And with Sanchez at the top, he might end up being the number one qb. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com