Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3rd Reciever Spot

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Murphy. At this point Gettis is an after thought. Hate to say it but he may be cut.

i'm really worried about this happening.

Posted

Tutu lost himself a job tonight, I thought.

Posted

murphy has shown the most promise. fast and shifty with great routes. he definitely deserves the nod over gettis. who can't seem to make it back from injury. may god. only the huddle would hand deliver a starting job to a injured-prone receiver over a 3rd year pro...

Ever heard of Marty Hurney? He hangs on to injured guys forever.

Hope is Hurney's MO.

As for Gettis, "knee" injuries are hard to recover from. You'd think Panthers fans would know that by now. Apparently Marty Hurney didn't (drafted Brandon Hogan) and still doesn't realize it (still holding out hope for Thomas Davis who will occupy a roster spot at the start of the season).

Posted

Tutu made an awesome block that sprung Murphy on that end around tho. I don't think Tutu is bad, definitely not the best pure pass catching receiver, but probably one of our best blockers at that position.

I'm kind of upset we didn't get to see Poole last night.

Posted

I am not sure who else it could be besides Murphy. Gettis will have to work his way back from his injury.

Tutu lost himself a job tonight, I thought.

Not sure he ever had much of a chance.

Posted

Gettis is not taking the #2 from Lafell, he would be lucky to unseat Murphy. You Gettis fan boys are such homers it astounds me. Even when he finally gets on the field he will not just instantly return to pre injury form, he could struggle aswell.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gettis? He hasn't even seen the practice field, no way he can step in and be the #3. At least Murphy and Pilares have shown flashes throughout camp and in the preseason. Gettis still has a long way to go, Id be shocked if Rivera let him be the #3 or even #4 this early on.

1 person likes this

Posted

Murphy right now, but keep Pilares in the there as often as possible. Long-term he could be a dangerous slot receiver in the Wes Welker mold.

Posted

You want to know who is really losing here? The other WRs who have to come into the game when Clausen is playing. Weak arm, can't read the field, etc. I would like to see Green, Bersin, etc. while a 'real' QB is playing in these games too.

Definitely Murphy @ #3 for now. I hope for AE & Tutu to get cut.

Posted

Have they lines Joe Adams up as a WR yet? I haven't noticed if they have. He could be dangerous, just like Pilares 'could be'...we need to see them both more.

Posted

Murphy looks good

Posted

I hope Tutu gets cut.