• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#31 Catalyst

Catalyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMorehead City
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Byron Bell looked good. Was watching him specifically on several plays and he more than held his own. I don't know why people insist on hating on this guy. He more than earns his keep.

#32 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

The throw was a questionable decision, but it shows he trusts Smitty. It was definitely a PI, what changed it from normal give and take to PI was when the CB nudged Smitty's shoulder enough to turn Smitty around a little bit. Once you affect a WR's route after 5 yards, it's gonna get called every time.

I agree with you that it was PI, but agree more on the 'questionable decision'. I'm great with the fact that Cam trusts Smitty, BUT...Sean Smith (the corner) is 6'-3", Smitty is 5'-9" AND the corner had position the entire route. Bad decision Cam...don't do that again!

Cam had a great night & the team seemed to really find itself. They did not seem lost or forced until the end of the 3rd & 4th quarter. Nice progress.

#33 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

I was at a high school football game last night but cranked up the DVR this morning. I only watched the first quarter (so far), but wow what a quarter.

DeAngelo gave a big FU to the guys that keep saying trade him, he's too expensive, we have J-Stew, blah, blah.

O-Line looked very good.

Cam.... I wasn't a big fan when he was drafted, but man....kid can play. And as stated earlier, he didn't run.

Smitty's trash talk seems to be in mid-season from. Love the fire from him!

Charles Johnson was a beast.

D-Line gets a game ball. Hardy needs to do something or he's going to be sitting.

The thing I liked the most is the guys came out and played with intensity, and more importantly they looked sharp.

Secondary still worries me, but with Norman being a rookie, I think that's going to improve a ton over the course of the season. If we can throw a healthy Beason in to help direct traffic, that'll help some, and throw in a few blitzes now and then with he and/or Davis.

Still not sold on a definitely #3 and 4 receiver. To me, no one has stepped up, but part of that is we spread the ball around so well last night (good problem to have).

Good times!

#34 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

I agree with you that it was PI, but agree more on the 'questionable decision'. I'm great with the fact that Cam trusts Smitty, BUT...Sean Smith (the corner) is 6'-3", Smitty is 5'-9" AND the corner had position the entire route. Bad decision Cam...don't do that again!

Cam had a great night & the team seemed to really find itself. They did not seem lost or forced until the end of the 3rd & 4th quarter. Nice progress.

Do you not get that Smitty was about to blow pass Sean, which is why he grabbed Smitty's shoulder to pull him back?

#35 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• LocationTexas
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

If Sean's coverage was so good on that route, then why did he feel the need to hold?

It was not a bad decision by Cam. He saw the man coverage and he saw a free TD.

#36 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

I questioned the OP's cred the moment I read "bad PI call". . . dude clearly grabbed Smith's left shoulder and yoinked him back. . . . in fact, it was an obvious call. Why bother reading the rest of the post at that point.

#37 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, Smith had the CB one on one with no safety help. In that situation, you throw it out there and more often than not its either a TD or a PI. Even when those do get picked, it doesnt hurt that bad, its almost like a punt. If youre gonna make a risky throw, make it a deep ball. BTW, I thought it was a bad call when I watched it live but on replay it was clear pass interference.

#38 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Do you not get that Smitty was about to blow pass Sean, which is why he grabbed Smitty's shoulder to pull him back?

Not sure what you are talking about.

Because I try not to speak out of my rear, I just replayed that. I remembered it correctly. If anything, the corner was getting better position on Steve.

The corner had him the entire way. Why would you put forth an ignorant & untrue statement?

The 1 thing I didn't recall, was exactly how bad the pass was. It was perfectly to the corner (Smitty was nearly even visable...6-3 to 5-9 height difference does tend to dwarf a guy). Smitty was NOT taking off from the corner. Unfortunately, of course...I would have preferred that reality played out the way you made it sound.

#39 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

You guys do realize Hardy was up against Jake Long, right? Top 3 Tackle in the league.

#40 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

In that situation, you throw it out there and more often than not its either a TD or a PI. Even when those do get picked, it doesnt hurt that bad, its almost like a punt. If youre gonna make a risky throw, make it a deep ball. BTW, I thought it was a bad call when I watched it live but on replay it was clear pass interference.

Can't say I agree with this. In a 'normal' situation, where the WR has a step on a corner, you may be right, BUT...it was bad from the get go, thru the conclusion. The corner did not need to grab Smitty & the corner was in a better position throughout the play.

In this case, I would have rather Cam checked down & lived for another play; luckily the refs saw the grab.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users