• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Every cb that Smitty has went up against has been taller than him, with the exception of Captain. Knowing Smith's abilities, why would you even mention the height difference?

It sounds to me like you either forgot, or don't know the rules and regulations.

Will a Huddler please be kind enough to explain the rules and regulations to Dawg.

Are we still talking football? I'm confused.

#62 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Are we still talking football? I'm confused.

My point exactly!

Since you don't know the rules and regulations, I'll just save you the time and tell you.

Posted Image

#63 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

My point exactly!

Since you don't know the rules and regulations, I'll just save you the time and tell you.

Ummm, ok.

#64 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• LocationStatesville
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

You guys do realize Hardy was up against Jake Long, right? Top 3 Tackle in the league.

this has been stated on this board today quit a few times...........

apparently some people just don't care or don't get it.

I myself thought Hardy played rather well....considering

After Hardy's 2nd offsides, the camera did show Rivera talking to the sideline ref and I know it wasn't a "Having a nice game?" conversation. It had to be that Long was pulling some stunt on Hardy that the refs weren't catching. Hardy usually is very fast off the ball because he watches tape on his opponent and picks up the little things they do. IMO the refs did not see it. I'll have to go back & watch again to see if I can pick it up.

Posted Image

Did anyone catch the camera shot at the beginning of the solid black contacts he was wearing last night? OMG!! :wub:

#65 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Did anyone catch the camera shot at the beginning of the solid black contacts he was wearing last night? OMG!! :wub:

The little pink thing with hearts scares me, but 'Yes'...I was like, did I just see what I thought I saw. He looked badass.

#66 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

After Hardy's 2nd offsides, the camera did show Rivera talking to the sideline ref and I know it wasn't a "Having a nice game?" conversation. It had to be that Long was pulling some stunt on Hardy that the refs weren't catching. Hardy usually is very fast off the ball because he watches tape on his opponent and picks up the little things they do. IMO the refs did not see it. I'll have to go back & watch again to see if I can pick it up.

some fans think Alexander going against a suspect 2nd year tackle was better than Hardy playing pretty decent against an all-pro Jake Long.. smh

a few quick outs in the other direction was the difference between fans loving Hardy and hating him... (just looking back at the 1st quarter)

#67 Mr Mojo Risin

Mr Mojo Risin

The Doors

• LocationIndiana
SUPPORTER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

I've now re-watched the play 8 times (not including the live coverage of the game). I have no idea why. Re-watch it & tell me that he needed to. He's 6" taller, had better position, etc.

Smitty may have been able to seperate if more time or no grab, but that's conjecture..it didn;t ahppen that way.

Is it that hard to say Smitty didn't have 1 corner beat on 1 play? This is surreal. Go RE-WATCH the play. Smitty 'could have', but didn't have him beat at all.

They were both close and in fair position to both contend for the ball, but how many times have you seen this happen with Steve? He makes the corner think hes got him and then at the last second he accelerates passed the corner and makes the play. If you look closely right before Sean Smith grabs
Smittys shoulder to slow him down Steve had a slight lead on him and if no PI he would have went right passed him. He does it all the time look at the Texans play last year when he beat Joseph 1 on 1

#68 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

I wonder if Cam has been told not to run at all costs here in the pointless preseason gamea. We put up what, 17? With our starters. Thats not even taking in account the fact there were no designed QB runs. If there were I bet Cam woulda broke a huge run good for another 3 or 7 pts on that lowly looking (starters missing) Dolphins D

Very happy to see Cam standing firm in the pocket and making good throws. Running ability is just a plus, plus, plus

#69 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• LocationDa City
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

This gets me back to my real point. A situation without assessing the realiies is rarely a good idea.

So, the facts: 1-1, check. Corner has better position from take off throughout, check. Corner is 6" taller that WR, check. WR 'may have' been able to create some seperation if more time, check.

You don't just throw it up without accounting for this stuff. Sean Smith is not a bad corner & is 1 of the tallest in the NFL. It is not true to "every QB would throw it to their #1 with a CB".

Cam threw 1 freakin bad pass last night & we are way off track. I'm very happy the game went & the way Cam played.

sounds like Cam put the ball in the wrong place, or threw a bad pass(havent seen game yet). it doesnt matter if the CB had good position because their is no defense for the perfect pass. go look at ARod pass to Nelson with perfect coverage by Haden.

#70 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I wonder if Cam has been told not to run at all costs here in the pointless preseason gamea. We put up what, 17? With our starters. Thats not even taking in account the fact there were no designed QB runs. If there were I bet Cam woulda broke a huge run good for another 3 or 7 pts on that lowly looking (starters missing) Dolphins D

Very happy to see Cam standing firm in the pocket and making good throws. Running ability is just a plus, plus, plus

I think our goal in limiting designed runs for Cam might go all season. we'll have to see though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users