Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,865 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Naanee is a total star..

Tutu, total star.

Tucker and that center too are stars.

There are 31 other teams not counting us. There are 30 teams not counting us and the Chargers. Why don't we ever try to explore the other 30 teams' roster and not just the Chargers?

you are absolutely terrible at this. i'd rather have naanee start as a #1 wr than read any more of your horrible posts.

#77 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,529 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Key word, 'backup'

#78 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,208 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

you are absolutely terrible at this. i'd rather have naanee start as a #1 wr than read any more of your horrible posts.

Fug u. You're late to now talkin $hit

#79 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,145 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Fug u. You're late to now talkin $hit

you still had no point.

#80 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

do we have a backup on the roster?

We have also had Jeff Byers for a little while. I've been keeping an eye on him too (pre-season). He's a young guy who could end up being a solid replacement. He has held his own, even tho he is not an overpowering force. He can get beat but seems to recover pretty well. He's not given up a sack or even a great deal of pressure so far.

My guess is that they have some concern at center tho, since they went out & singed another. It made me wonder, b/c, like I said, he seemed to be doing a fairly good job. It is not out of the realm of possibility that Byers could make the final roster. If not tho, he should be practice squad eligible & I would bet they try to pick him up there if not on the final roster & if he continues to have solid play for the next 2 games.

We do have guys that could be good backups tho & can play guard, like Pollack & Hangartner...but Hangartner is a starter @ guard, so who knows what they are thinking for backup coverage of the center right now.

Also: I'm glad Mur..whateverhisname is...oski retired. I would rather a guy with upside. In 8 years in the league I think he started 1 game.

#81 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,174 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Apparently he decided to retire.

He wanted to retire a Panther.

#82 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

We have also had Jeff Byers for a little while. I've been keeping an eye on him too (pre-season). He's a young guy who could end up being a solid replacement.

Also: I'm glad Mur..whateverhisname is...oski retired. I would rather a guy with upside. In 8 years in the league I think he started 1 game.

A couple of things... Mr. Murzzzkwrski or whatever actually had started quite a few games (in the teens).

Also, there was an interesting article about Byers recently. It was either on the Observer or Panthers.com. Anyway, Byers and Ryan Kalil were contemporaries, with Byers being the higher rated of the two coming into college. Byers' career was hampered by injuries while Kalil's skyrocketed, and the rest is history.

#83 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

I just now decided to click on this thread but only the last page...this bout a center or something?

#84 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

A couple of things... Mr. Murzzzkwrski or whatever actually had started quite a few games (in the teens).

Also, there was an interesting article about Byers recently. It was either on the Observer or Panthers.com. Anyway, Byers and Ryan Kalil were contemporaries, with Byers being the higher rated of the two coming into college. Byers' career was hampered by injuries while Kalil's skyrocketed, and the rest is history.

I believe you...I was going off memory & he isn't that important to me, since he was with the team for a whole 3 days.

I didn't see the article on Byers. If he keeps playing well & we keep him, I will search for that...thanks for the heads up on that.

I am only going from what I am seeing on video of Byers play, but I have been impressed with him. (not live watching him, I have gone back & watched each OL man on each play for the first 2 games so far). For that reason, I was perplexed that we would sign another center when they got Murk...whatever..kowski. Obviously I am not an NFL scout, so I figured they must not like him (Byers), since our OL will need to be cut down very soon. From what I've seen on tape, I think Byers could be a valuable NFL backup at the least, if he keeps up a high level of play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.