#31 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,752 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Hey philly, once my kids get out of school, will you plan a trip for me? Seriously, you could have a business that does this stuff. I've always wanted to travel but kids/work/family/etc has never allowed it.

#32 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Visiting a Hostel?!

me thinks he hasn't seen the movies :)

PhillyB...you know I'm going to have to sn*tch some more of your pics ..I get compliments on the one last one I took :)

#33 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

Do you still have your travel blog? I need a link, and a link to your pics. Hubs has decided he wants to read/look at where all you've gone. I can't figure out this newfangled website search feature we have on here.

#34 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,162 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

travel blog is being re-done, I'll post it up here before I leave. MPF you are welcome to all the pictures you want, I like what you did with that one.

biscuit, I've thought about opening up an adventure trekking company offering guided tours to various regions, I just don't have the time, and I've got a lot of pokers in the fire over the next couple of years with things I'm trying to accomplish. Still, it's a thought...

#35 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Will you be fighting that Saints* fan in any of these countries?

#36 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,752 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

biscuit, I've thought about opening up an adventure trekking company offering guided tours to various regions, I just don't have the time, and I've got a lot of pokers in the fire over the next couple of years with things I'm trying to accomplish. Still, it's a thought...

From what you've posted it seems you've got more experience and knowledge about traveling than pretty much anybody... definitely something you could do at some point I think.

#37 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,162 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Will you be fighting that Saints** fan in any of these countries?

Thrilla in Manila 2: Revenge of the Swamprat

#38 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,687 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

hit Valencia. Coast of Croatia. Anywhere near Greece.

#39 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,635 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Whenever you come back to Mexico let me know.

#40 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,485 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

I've spent my post college life traveling the US and parts of Canada for work. Certainly wish I had the wherewithal to do something like your trip prior to having kids. It's pretty much an opportunity lost now. On the bright side, I'm pretty much a God in the Hampton Inn customer hierarchy. Heading up to Jersey and Delaware this week. If you want pics for your travel blog let me know.

#41 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,083 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

I'm sure he'll have more than enough pictures from other 3rd world countries.

#42 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,162 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm sure he'll have more than enough pictures from other 3rd world countries.

i actually don't know that i'd post pictures of first world countries with the frequency i do backwater (allegedly) places around the globe. who wants to hear about your 'adventure' in france where you took a picture with the eiffel tower? whoopdeefugindoo. everyone's seen pictures of that mess. i'm trying to get off the beaten track and blog about/photograph stuff still undiscovered to the average american.

"heres pics of me at the resort in cancun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" piques noone's interest. "trek to balikpapan" is a virtual unknown and thus of great interest to me (and, i hope, to viewers and readers.)

#43 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,162 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

I've spent my post college life traveling the US and parts of Canada for work. Certainly wish I had the wherewithal to do something like your trip prior to having kids. It's pretty much an opportunity lost now. On the bright side, I'm pretty much a God in the Hampton Inn customer hierarchy. Heading up to Jersey and Delaware this week. If you want pics for your travel blog let me know.

how old are your kids? having experience traveling abroad, even if just briefly on a family vacation, would be invaluable building blocks for them educationally. it opens up a whole new world, whole new ways of thinking. you never know what interests or passions you'll unlock by providing them with a cool experience.

if you ever want travel ideas/advice/cheap tickets hit me up! travel is far more affordable than people imagine.

if you travel to new orleans, completely ass up the entire rat bowl and take pictures of it, i'll blog that

#44 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:33 AM

Have fun

#45 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,152 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

Probably won't help, but you never know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.