CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,366 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

------
Paul Ryan's love of Rage Against the Machine is amusing, because he is the embodiment of the machine that our music has been raging against for two decades. Charles Manson loved the Beatles but didn't understand them. Governor Chris Christie loves Bruce Springsteen but doesn't understand him. And Paul Ryan is clueless about his favorite band, Rage Against the Machine.

Ryan claims that he likes Rage's sound, but not the lyrics. Well, I don't care for Paul Ryan's sound or his lyrics. He can like whatever bands he wants, but his guiding vision of shifting revenue more radically to the one percent is antithetical to the message of Rage.

I wonder what Ryan's favorite Rage song is? Is it the one where we condemn the genocide of Native Americans? The one lambasting American imperialism? Our cover of "fug the Police"? Or is it the one where we call on the people to seize the means of production? So many excellent choices to jam out to at Young Republican meetings!

------

Read more: http://www.rollingst...6#ixzz240evDokL

#2 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

The dude likes rapcore.. So what?

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,789 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

there was another band that wanted a song removed and both the responses seem very bitter and wayward. Just say hey dude don't use my music and call it a day.

glad rage didn't make any money from US dollars over the years to afford a comfortable lifestyle or anything. and yes im a big fan of them.

#4 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Rage didn't, Audioslave sure did.

#5 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

I wonder if Morello would say the same thing if Obama/Biden were using their music, or said they like it? I'm only curious because at this point, whoever wins the election is part of the same "machine," and it isn't one of the people. It'd be a different story if Ron Paul won the nomination... Although I don't blame him for talking trash about Ryan because from most everything I've read about him, he sounds like an uber-idiot.

Anyway... Love RATM. Went through an entire Insanity workout two days ago only playing two songs of theirs on repeat:

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,789 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

bulls on parade rocks.

#7 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,778 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Man, I still get goosebumps when it starts. Same with Guerrilla Radio.

Morello is a genius when it comes to the music and De La Rocha's lyrics are always powerful. The opening to Audioslave's Cochise is incredible as well.

#8 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Morello's attack on "the system" is just another thinly-veiled attack on capitalism by a man who indisputably succeeded in life because of capitalism.

Bill Gates should start a club for these guys.

#9 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Morello's attack on "the system" is just another thinly-veiled attack on capitalism by a man who indisputably succeeded in life because of capitalism.

Bill Gates should start a club for these guys.

It should be called:

What happens when the presented anti-establishment becomes its own establishment due to success

A common tale

...and rage f8cking rocks

#10 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,789 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

for full disclosure, it should be noted Rage had a song on the Godzilla soundtrack. Yes THAT Godzilla movie. Soundtrack was better than the movie but umm, this just in. That was a system.

#11 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,672 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

Generally speaking, anyone with political clout enough to be nominated for VP is the machine, but whatevs.

#12 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

It's fun to see the similarities between successful musicians and successful politicians since they generally start from opposite ends and work their way towards each other.

#13 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

the message isn't cheapened because they made money. it's been virtually impossible to distribute music across the country on your own without a label and distributor until recently. fact is they're all basically communists and it's pretty fuging funny that paul ryan of all people would say that they're his favorite band or whatever when literally every single song in their catalog contradicts his own ideology. this is like if bernie sanders came out and said his favorite band is uh...well...i don't really know any good right wing bands but use your imagination i guess. hey what are david alan coe and johnny rebel doing these days?

it's also funny that an objectivist is using this topic as a platform to call tom morello a hypocrite when he himself agrees to the social contract every single fuging day while of course coming home and "raging against the machine" himself on the internet. morello and de la rocha have done far more for the left by writing their music than you have for objectivism by driving on our streets, using our US dollars, using our internet. morello is active in charity work and uses his platform to draw attention to atrocities happening in america and around the world. what do you do to relieve yourself of your hypocrisy? evade taxes? post on the internet about how upset it all makes you?

#14 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,772 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

So you can't like a band's music if you don't agree with the messages in their lyrics? I'm certainly no communist and I love RATM...

#15 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

to be fair it's pretty hard to be right wing and find decent music that you can relate to so yes, you can listen to what you want, even if you can't relate to it in any way. hell you can even run for vp. and tom morello can write columns about how the music you listen to is leftist to the core.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.