42 replies to this topic

#16 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

They will. It's been that way for the last 3 or 4 years. The developers at Tiburon aren't talented enough to code properly during cutscenes.

it hasn't been that way, ever...

#17 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 5,009 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

I thought this was about the slimming effect Black pants have...We talkin bout video game pants?!? Nerds..

#18 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,429 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

WHHAT?! Mare didn't kick it through the endzone?ya forreal. dis ids junk

#19 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,429 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

WHHAT?! Mare didn't kick it through the endzone?ya forreal. dis ids junk

#20 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

it hasn't been that way, ever...

Haha, its really has amigo. The starting QB as well as other starters will show up during the kickoff scene. Its been that way ever since EA started using pre scripted scenes. They just refuse pay attention to detail nor feel like taking the time to correct the flaw.

#21 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

madden has had many of it's flaws, but I've never seen a QB in on kickoffs... although I can't say I'm shocked.

#22 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

madden has had many of it's flaws, but I've never seen a QB in on kickoffs... although I can't say I'm shocked.

Well to give EA some credit, they aren't there when the gameplay takes over. They just show up during the pre scripted cutscene. Like go watch that video, you'll see Cam during the kickoff routine, but he'll disappear once the game gives the user control. My problem with it, is Its a fairly obvious flaw and also a fairly simple fix. EA just "doesnt have the time" to do it. Which seems to be their excuse for everything. Its why you won't be able to edit your players in the franchise mode this year or will you have the ability to use an imported draft class from NCAA 2013. They "didn't have time" to implement that feature.

#23 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

You can mix up the uni's and I think you can create your own uni's from the teams color scheme, so maybe that explains it.

#24 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

editing players is for noobs... although EA should have Madden ripped from it's hands (in another 5 years? smh)... with that said, I will still be buying M13.. I do like some of the changes this year.

#25 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

editing players is for noobs... although EA should have Madden ripped from it's hands (in another 5 years? smh)... with that said, I will still be buying M13.. I do like some of the changes this year.

Editing ratings, yea i agree, but they won't let you edit anything during franchise mode(you can edit in play now mode, but they won't transfer over to the franchise mode). I was always big into matching the players equipment so i could get the most authentic looking Panthers team the game would allow. That won't be the case this year.

As for EA exclusive deal with the NFL, that ends this year once the Superbowl has been played. No telling if EA will extend that deal with the NFL or not. From what i hear these exclusive deals are heavily slanted in the NFLs favor. Its possible EA may not want to re up again.

#26 Panthersfan704

Panthersfan704

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well to give EA some credit, they aren't there when the gameplay takes over. They just show up during the pre scripted cutscene. Like go watch that video, you'll see Cam during the kickoff routine, but he'll disappear once the game gives the user control. My problem with it, is Its a fairly obvious flaw and also a fairly simple fix. EA just "doesnt have the time" to do it. Which seems to be their excuse for everything. Its why you won't be able to edit your players in the franchise mode this year or will you have the ability to use an imported draft class from NCAA 2013. They "didn't have time" to implement that feature.

Anybody know when other companies can make NFL games again? Look what NBA 2K did to NBA Live....Ran then out of business....I'm pretty sure if 2k made a NFL game, Madden would suffer the same fate.

#27 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Anybody know when other companies can make NFL games again? Look what NBA 2K did to NBA Live....Ran then out of business....I'm pretty sure if 2k made a NFL game, Madden would suffer the same fate.

The current deal ends in 2013, so i believe this years Madden is the last Madden that will be under the exclusive deal, unless EA reups and extends the contract which they did previously in 2008. So assuming EA doesnt extend the contract and another publisher/developer wants to pay the NFL to use the license then its theoretically possible you could see another NFL title next season. However id assume if that were to happen there would be at least a 2 year dev time from the time the contract is made to when the game actually comes out. So who knows, maybe its possible there could be an NFL 2K15?

#28 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

must have been an old article I read about a lawsuit that ended up giving EA 5 more years of exclusive rights... hopefully 2k can get their hands on an NFL game.. I just can't get into NCAA..

#29 Panthersfan704

Panthersfan704

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

The current deal ends in 2013, so i believe this years Madden is the last Madden that will be under the exclusive deal, unless EA reups and extends the contract which they did previously in 2008. So assuming EA doesnt extend the contract and another publisher/developer wants to pay the NFL to use the license then its theoretically possible you could see another NFL title next season. However id assume if that were to happen there would be at least a 2 year dev time from the time the contract is made to when the game actually comes out. So who knows, maybe its possible there could be an NFL 2K15?

You're right. It ends 2013....Hopefully EA doesn't renew or else we're going to be stuck with a crap football game for a while.

#30 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:56 PM

must have been an old article I read about a lawsuit that ended up giving EA 5 more years of exclusive rights... hopefully 2k can get their hands on an NFL game.. I just can't get into NCAA..

No, that was back in 2008, EA extended the contract through the 2012 season, then last year, the NFL allowed EA one more year which extended the contract through 2013. The only lawsuit(s) that has come out of EA/Madden is the class action lawsuit that claimed they held a monopoly on NFL video games which allowed them to raise their price on Madden. All consumers who bought Madden from 2005 to like 2008 are owed like 3 bux or something. There was also one where some NFL vets were suing for likeness issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.