Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smith vs Revis

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah Revis is way too good. Honestly, I won't take ANY WR right now in a matchup against Revis. Smitty may get a few plays here and there, but in general I expect Revis to win the fight. Thankfully, Smitty isn't our only weapon in the passing game anymore.

Posted

Olsen is the guy who could benefit from Revis on Smith. The Jets have a good group of corners, but their linebackers are overrated outside of David Harris, as are their safeties - at least in coverage. Olsen should be able to get open often.

Posted

I know it's preseason but this is going to be fun to watch. What does everyone expect to see with this matchup?

I bet at least two fights

Smitty rarely gets into fights with guys he abuses.

Posted

Revis has totally owned smitty and basically every receiver in the league for a while now. No reason to think 89 will "blow it up" against him now.

But seriously. 89 will blow it up!

Posted

I hope Cam's first pass is an intentional 98 mph fast ball at Revis' head at about 7 yards out while he isn't looking.

Posted

Revis seems to like Smitty. He had some good things to said bout Smith when he was asked about receivers he played against a couple years ago. Probably no fights.

Smitty and Vontae been pretty physical with each other in the past so I wasn't surprise with what happened.

Posted

Only receiver I ever seen outperformed Revis was Dez. And Revis still came up with an int later that game that helped them Planes won.

Posted

You guys are treating Revis like he's a god or something. Which is totally inaccurate!

Revis was abused a couple of times last year. Stevie Johnson really got the best of him. And he's been beaten deep plenty of times.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he's the best corner in the game, but that doesn't mean Cam should totally stay away from him.

Ted Ginn put a double move on him here below.

Posted

Only receiver I ever seen outperformed Revis was Dez. And Revis still came up with an int later that game that helped them Planes won.

Stevie Johnson also got the best of Revis also.

Posted

Revis is the best corner in the league, I don't think that's in dispute... Cam and Smith will respect him, but SS can beat him too, just have to play smart. It will not surprise me if SS tries to get in Revis' head... that's his game, and it usually works too.

What better way to find out what we can do against the best during the preseason... they can challenge him and it won't cost us a thing.

Posted

No doubt, it should be a good match up. Like I said earlier, Cam's throws has to be on point because Revis will be there....unless Smitty beats him on a double move down the field.

Posted

Revis is a DB, one of the best sure, but Cam is a QB, one of the best as well, and he should say fug you Revis you need to feer me lil hommie, and test his ass. we are not here to be second at anything, this is the new panthers, we attack not react. Let it fly Cam. its pre season...