Photo
- - - - -

I've got madden already, got any questions?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#91 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

what's new in the Panthers' offensive and defensive playbook?

and customized playbooks, can you set your own audibles?

#92 SetfreexX

SetfreexX

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

what's new in the Panthers' offensive and defensive playbook?

and customized playbooks, can you set your own audibles?

I will answer your questions based off the info from E3, here's a vid of Carolina's PB (this is my site for our Madden Leagues), and custom playbooks have been taken out completely from the information given for this year.

http://maddenchampio...rding-madden-13

Embedded fro those at work:

To the OP-this link is how I hope if you are being true you handle the Huddler's requests.

http://www.operation...requests-2.html

#93 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

One of the main differences to me is the AI but I'm only playing the demo. It's way easier and effective to lead your recievers in this game, basically making it easier to pick up yds. Which I think is realistic based upon the fact that it's now a passing league. The secondary seems smarter than ever in realistically jumping routes much more frequently. Not all result in picks but none the less it's pretty awesome and something that has stood out to me.

At the same token... When I'm not even playing zone, and I'm playing man coverage my CB's are Burt so badly that it would appear that I'm playing cover 2 and the safety misses his assignment for help over the top. This has happened a few times playing as any if the 4 available teams.

I agree with the animations being kind of silly especially after a play.

Running game is much more realistic.

If you haven't bought madden in the last 3 years then I think that overall, you'll be very impressed with EA's latest version. It's much improved over just last year if you only consider the infinity engine. But theres so much more than that.

For people who got last years game... You will immediately notice the change of gameplay, but it doesn't change so much that you don't know that you're still playing madden. It's almost as if it's the same game, but better or more smooth gameplay.

Just a couple of quick hits from playing the hell out of the demo. If ole boy Feldmon is legit, then I'm sure he can give you much more than what I just did.

#94 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Convince me why I should purchase this game again for the first time in 3 years. I didn't even buy NCAA TY and it's one of my all time favorite games.

EA is sh1tty man. They push through incomplete games every year with minimal upgrades from the year before. I'm done with them.

Presentation alone is great. Connected careers adds depth to your franchise. The gameplay feels different. There's no shitty soundtrack, it's all original music. The game looks the best it ever has.

#95 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

One of the main differences to me is the AI but I'm only playing the demo. It's way easier and effective to lead your recievers in this game, basically making it easier to pick up yds. Which I think is realistic based upon the fact that it's now a passing league. The secondary seems smarter than ever in realistically jumping routes much more frequently. Not all result in picks but none the less it's pretty awesome and something that has stood out to me.

At the same token... When I'm not even playing zone, and I'm playing man coverage my CB's are Burt so badly that it would appear that I'm playing cover 2 and the safety misses his assignment for help over the top. This has happened a few times playing as any if the 4 available teams.

I agree with the animations being kind of silly especially after a play.

Running game is much more realistic.

If you haven't bought madden in the last 3 years then I think that overall, you'll be very impressed with EA's latest version. It's much improved over just last year if you only consider the infinity engine. But theres so much more than that.

For people who got last years game... You will immediately notice the change of gameplay, but it doesn't change so much that you don't know that you're still playing madden. It's almost as if it's the same game, but better or more smooth gameplay.

Just a couple of quick hits from playing the hell out of the demo. If ole boy Feldmon is legit, then I'm sure he can give you much more than what I just did.

As for the running game being more realistic, it's going to need some tweaking of sliders. Anytime a hole opens up, you pick the hole to run through, the DL closest always magically sheds his block. Same goes for trying to take your QB around the outside. The DE automatically sheds his block so you can't run. This happened with NCAA too. I liked the fact I could scramble with Cam last year by stepping up in the pocket and taking off. That hasn't really happened much, but then again i play on All-Pro.

#96 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

As for the running game being more realistic, it's going to need some tweaking of sliders. Anytime a hole opens up, you pick the hole to run through, the DL closest always magically sheds his block. Same goes for trying to take your QB around the outside. The DE automatically sheds his block so you can't run. This happened with NCAA too. I liked the fact I could scramble with Cam last year by stepping up in the pocket and taking off. That hasn't really happened much, but then again i play on All-Pro.

I completely agree with your assessment above. I hope they tweak it. Even trying to intentionally scramble running 5 wide out of an empty set with all WR's running streaks the D linemen come off of their block immediately and get him close to the line of scrimmage.Whereas before it was at least 10 yds minimum.

RGIII is faster than Cam is rated on Madden, do this will matter.

#97 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

dude, you should get a different photo for that site.

Posted Image

#98 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

I will answer your questions based off the info from E3, here's a vid of Carolina's PB (this is my site for our Madden Leagues), and custom playbooks have been taken out completely from the information given for this year.

huge mistake, they should have expanded that aspect..

#99 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

huge mistake, they should have expanded that aspect..

no, custom playbooks are still there. i'll verify later.

#100 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

no, custom playbooks are still there. i'll verify later.

nice.. if you will, my main question is can you set up your audibles in custom playbooks instead of that BS they pulled in '12..

#101 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Presentation alone is great. Connected careers adds depth to your franchise. The gameplay feels different. There's no shitty soundtrack, it's all original music. The game looks the best it ever has.

Madden has ruined Crazy Train for me...as well as Bring the Noise by the Beastie Boys.

#102 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

nice.. if you will, my main question is can you set up your audibles instead of that BS they pulled in '12..

You can set your audibles in 12, just from one playbook.

In the custom playbook it was a terrible interface to set up...I never did it.

#103 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,497 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

You can set your audibles in 12, just from one playbook.

In the custom playbook it was a terrible interface to set up...I never did it.

I hate original playbooks, they leave all the good stuff out.. I want to be able to set audibles as I normally would while using a custom playbook.

#104 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,473 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

In Franchise Mode-- Can I hire/fire coaches midseason? Did they add any pictures to assistant coaches?

#105 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,995 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

The physics really need some tweaking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com