Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High School now

16 posts in this topic

Posted

How far will the food police go?

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/school-bans-coca-cola-at-football-games.html

Posted

I would def eat hummus at a high school football game. Delish.

Posted

Soda is appallingly bad for you... so this doesn't really surprise me, and in a lot of ways makes sense. If they banned it outright, like you couldn't bring it on campus, that would be ridiculous, but somebody has to teach our kids to eat healthy. Now if they could only make cafeteria food not be so shitty, they'd be on to something...

Posted

Soda is appallingly bad for you... so this doesn't really surprise me, and in a lot of ways makes sense. If they banned it outright, like you couldn't bring it on campus, that would be ridiculous, but somebody has to teach our kids to eat healthy. Now if they could only make cafeteria food not be so shitty, they'd be on to something...

agreed. and it's not as though soda ends up in our schools to support freedom of choice... it's there because soda companies buy their way in, much to the chagrin of most parents.

Posted

you couldn't have it when I went to school in 60's- 70's.

school systems should be able to ban anytype of food or drink they choose too because.........

they are the one's in charge of the food/ drink. Why is this a problem????

Posted

you couldn't have it when I went to school in 60's- 70's.

school systems should be able to ban anytype of food or drink they choose too because.........

they are the one's in charge of the food/ drink. Why is this a problem????

No the parent is in charge of the food/drink that the child consumes. That said I have no problem with this. Ban that poo.

Posted

No the parent is in charge of the food/drink that the child consumes. That said I have no problem with this. Ban that poo.

are you there while your child is eating and drinking?

if your not........you are not in charge.

the only way to control anything is to pack their lunch and make sure the have zero money.

Posted

When I was in elementary school they didn't sell soda. Middle school didn't either until I was in like 8th grade.

As long as they don't ban people from bringing their own, I don't see a problem.

Posted

They have a right not to sell certain products. You can still bring your own, so I don't get the whole outrage in that article (and the comments always make me lol ) :

Posted

This will mean that they won't be making any money from vendor sales, so eventually they will end the ban.

They need to teach kids moderation.

Posted

Didn't have soda when I was in HS. I didn't die. Computers didnt have HDDs either, but that's another story.

Posted

How far will the food police go?

ah yes, the food police

first they came for the soda and i did not speak out because i am not fat

2 people like this