• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Apple products are all overpriced. You can almost always get a windows computer or android phone/tablet with better specs for a lower price. What apple excels at is advertising. Their products are trendy and we live in a culture where style is more important than substance.

I have an Ipod Touch 4th gen. I will say the Apple OS operates smoothly. I never have any errors pop up or have strange pauses on the IOS 5 device.

But I think people who are more knowledgeable about their phone or computer will prefer the level of customization and control offered by Windows and Android devices.

Techno nerds like android more because they can fool with it.

Everyone else that doesn't care and just wants something intuitive and reliable like apple.

Guess which one is 90% of the consumer base?

#17 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Everyone else that doesn't care and just wants something intuitive and reliable like apple.

I'm not a techno nerd, but I still like the customization of my Galaxy.

You are absolutely right though. People want something that works straight out of the box with very little effort/confusion and is compatible with their every day life. That is Apple.

#18 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Android phones have improved their reliability, but Zod is right, most people want something that's easy to use and works without problems. Apple has made billions because of this, and I suspect they'll make billions more when the iPhone 5 debuts and is on par with the newest android phones like the S3.

I'm certainly not an Apple fanboy, and I much prefer my Rezound over my wife's 4s, but u have to hand it to Apple for their very astute PR and sales tactics. Hard to argue with $624 bn and growing.

#19 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

90% of smart phone users have iPhones?

lol no

#20 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,340 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

If by 90%, you mean 30%. Samsung alone makes up almost 24% of the smartphone market now.

#21 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

Apple does ONE thing well: market. They have such a perfect gamneplan. Sure, Android sells better, phone wise, but Apple is making money left and right. But they aren't the big bad boss anymore (other than moneywise). Google and Amazon are the new players on the block. Amazon is even coming out with their own phone. Apple is so scared, they even offer BING as a web browser now hahahaha. Remember when people used to hate Microsoft for being this evil giant? Well now you have multiple evil giants.

#22 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

The company behind the iPhone and iPad now wants to add Samsung’s top-of-the-line Galaxy S III and its special Verizon edition, the Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, and the Galaxy S II in both its basic and carrier-independent forms to the list of devices it wants federal court in California to ban.
Those Android-based phones and tablets would join other Samsung devices Apple wants removed: the Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy S2 AT&T, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S2 T-Mobile, Galaxy S2 Epic 4G, Galaxy S Showcase, Droid Charge and Galaxy Prevail.

http://blogs.ajc.com...s_business_beat

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

I can't say that I ever recall two companies going after each other the way Apple and Samsung have been...

I'm no Apple fan, you know that, but it was pretty obvious that Samsung was deliberately copying Apple... The jury got it right imo...

Having said that, I played with a GSIII yesterday at Verizon and damn if that phone isn't sweet as hell... Be a shame if it got banned due to that ruling.

#24 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,612 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

I can't say that I ever recall two companies going after each other the way Apple and Samsung have been...

I'm no Apple fan, you know that, but it was pretty obvious that Samsung was deliberately copying Apple... The jury got it right imo...

Having said that, I played with a GSIII yesterday at Verizon and damn if that phone isn't sweet as hell... Be a shame if it got banned due to that ruling.

I dunno. The infringement on the "bounce-back" effect is just stupid. I mean who the hell cares? I just think it gets dangerously close to preventing competition.

I love my S3. It's an amazing phone.

#25 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

I remember hearing a couple years ago that the Apple brand is the most valuable in history. Just throwing their logo on a product means they can sell it for something like 4x as much. Technology aside, that's impressive.

#26 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,916 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Honestly people who own Apple products are just the 'cool' kids. It's the popular thing to have. I'm not diminishing the product but you're really just buying the brand.

#27 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Tech wise, Apple has the corner on two things; displays and a stable, Unix based custom OS for their PCs. They have without question the prettiest displays of any vendor I've seen, by far.

I will also give them credit for innovation... They apparently learned a lot from their experiences in the PC world of the early 90s.

#28 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,624 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

lol apple :rolleyes:

#29 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Holy crap that's a lot of money...

http://news.cnet.com...luable-company/

Posted Image

#30 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Apple products tend to work flawlessly out of the box, with no hiccups at all. They are straightforward, simple, stylish in appearance, and very user-friendly. There marketing simply pitches the things it does well. For the hundred million moms out there, nothing makes it easier to do a collage of your kids and put it on Facebook easier than an iPad. I bought my lady a sweet laptop Christmas 2010 and it is blazing fast to this day but she hasn't touched it since I got her an iPad. She likes how it is 'always on' and instantly ready to go, the look, the portability, and the ease of use. She's about the least tech-savvy person I know and some of the photos she puts on Instagram look like they've gone through post-production editing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com