Photo
- - - - -

NFL.com Article

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#37 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

"out of a pool of brandon lafell, randy moss, jermichael finely and hakeem nicks, the panthers weren't able to eclipse 800 yards in 2011."

^ what's wrong with that argument? only one of those fuging people played on the panthers in 2011. and that is the exact argument you just made.

No, my argument was completely different. Hakem Nicks is PROVEN to be more than a #3 WR. Nicks has 2 1000 yard seasons in 3 years. Hell, Nicks are more production than Smitty the last 2 seasons.

To argue we aren't thin at WR is blind homersim. With our diverse weapons it may not be an issue. But his statement WAS supported in fact.

#38 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Really wanna see murphy get some first team reps against the jets in a couple 3 wide sets

#39 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

The term "homer" is thrown around like an insult to one's knowledge of football. I however wear it as a badge of honor. Yes I root for my team, yes i am proud of where I come from and finally yes, my team is, was, and will always be better than yours. And I still know my stuff.

#40 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

No, my argument was completely different. Hakem Nicks is PROVEN to be more than a #3 WR. Nicks has 2 1000 yard seasons in 3 years. Hell, Nicks are more production than Smitty the last 2 seasons.

To argue we aren't thin at WR is blind homersim. With our diverse weapons it may not be an issue. But his statement WAS supported in fact.

What do you mean by thin?

By the number of WR or by the production? If a team had 2 1,000 yard receivers, but you didn't know anybody else would they be considered thin?

#41 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

The term "homer" is thrown around like an insult to one's knowledge of football. I however wear it as a badge of honor. Yes I root for my team, yes i am proud of where I come from and finally yes, my team is, was, and will always be better than yours. And I still know my stuff.

I don't use homer to insult someone's football IQ....I use it when a fan only looks at the bright side of a situation involving an aspect of their team.

We are all guilty of it on certain things. Very intelligent people can take the overly optimistic stance on an issue. If intelligent people didn't post here no one would use this board

#42 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

What do you mean by thin?

By the number of WR or by the production? If a team had 2 1,000 yard receivers, but you didn't know anybody else would they be considered thin?

In terms of proven talent. We have an unproven #2 and a committee at #3. To anyone not in Carolina that is being thin on paper. That doesn't imply someone could not step up.

Your scenario would make us less thin. Actually, your scenario would make us pretty strong at the position....2 studs

#43 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

I don't use homer to insult someone's football IQ....I use it when a fan only looks at the bright side of a situation involving an aspect of their team.

We are all guilty of it on certain things. Very intelligent people can take the overly optimistic stance on an issue. If intelligent people didn't post here no one would use this board

I agree and I didn't post this at you specifically. I just notice that when people talk glowingly about an aspect of their team they are immediately branded as a homer. I guess i tend to view this as a weak retort or the lack of a proper argument against said Homer.