#1 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,344 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Nice read: http://www.panthers....51-5478600b6f2b

Between his continually running TV ads for Gatorade and Under Armour and now his appearance on the cover of the September issue of GQ, it seems like Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is everywhere.

In reality, Newton's world often is limited to a square mile of uptown Charlotte, with most of his time spent at his condo and his home away from home – the locker room, meeting rooms and practice fields at Bank of America Stadium.

Newton has quickly become the biggest celebrity the Panthers organization has ever known, but his teammates say his head hasn't grown in proportion to his fame.

"He's just one of the guys," left tackle Jordan Gross said. "We've never had a guy that gets as much attention in the media as he does since I've been on the team. A lot of times that can put some distance between you and your teammates, but Cam fits in great."

Just one year into his NFL career, Newton already has reached the rare status of being on a first-name basis with the entire country. Simply say "Cam" in conversation, and almost everybody knows who you're talking about (except that girl I went to high school with a few miles from Chapel Hill who claimed she had never heard of Michael Jordan).

Rarer still is how Newton has remained the same person in the Panthers locker room through it all.

#2 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

It's nice to see that Cam is continuing to gain the respect of the players.

#3 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

He makes it easy to be a fan. My wife never watched pro football with me until last season, and I don't think that's because we drafted Sione Fua.

#4 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Cam gonna have his work cut out for him to stay in the spotlight with RG3 and AL coming on strong.

#5 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,935 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Cam gonna have his work cut out for him to stay in the spotlight with RG3 and AL coming on strong.

Cam has more charisma then the two of them combined.

#6 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Whoa Cam!!

#7 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Is that Zod's picture as the banner to that article?

#8 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

I'm glad Cam has grown comfortable with the environment. Last year was crazy, so I know having that experience has helped him greatly coming into 2012. Its good to say this is home for him. He's gonna be here a long time.

#9 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,344 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

Andrew Luck has to be the most boring person ever. He makes Kuechly seem like Kanye West.

#10 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Andrew Luck has to be the most boring person ever. He makes Kuechly seem like Kanye West.

You can say the same for Peyton... Doesn't really mean anything.

#11 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 7,007 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

RG3 is one ugly fug, Cam not only has charming good looks, but charisma as well.

#13 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,344 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

You can say the same for Peyton... Doesn't really  mean anything.

No, no you can't. Peyton is actually rather funny and a class act. Luck just makes me want to buy him a razor to shave that animal off his face.

#14 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

I don't think Cam cares about "staying in the spotlight" He cares about taking his team to the superbowl multiple times. He has more talent and personality than RG3 and Luck combined. Those 2 might be the most boring people I've ever had to sit and listen to. Really you got retarded socks on? Nobody freaking cares.

#15 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

No, no you can't. Peyton is actually rather funny and a class act. Luck just makes me want to buy him a razor to shave that animal off his face.

Yeah Peyton has a ton of personality. Luck is just terrible to have to watch talk. He's almost as bad as lou holtz. The only difference is he doesn't spit everywhere when he talks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com