Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haruki Nakamura #1 FS.

207 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't seen Nakamura do anything better then Martin. I actual I think Martin has outplayed all the safeties. This seem like "Martin in a contract year and they don't want to pay him". So lets give Nakamura the job.

1 person likes this

Posted

He started last game.

I guess that means he's the starter for regular season, dispite the fact nothing official has been said.

I also haven't been impressed with the guy at all. So I'm wondering what he has done to win the spot.

Posted

What was everyone expecting? Ed Reed? We need consistency across the board from our secondary. Consistently better, that is.

Posted

What was everyone expecting? Ed Reed? We need consistency across the board from our secondary. Consistently better, that is.

Right. I have a feeling this came down to the question of "who fugs up less?"

It's unfortunate we can't decide this based on who makes more plays.

Posted

it's not like we brought in highly regarded FA's...we took scraps and hoped...this is one of those

situations where it may be good, or it may be a little less bad.

That's Hurney's #1 strategy. Pick up scraps and hope they can fill our holes.

Posted

You're right. The least amount of blown assignments or missed tackles should not be the deciding factor of who starts.

Posted

I haven't seen Nakamura do anything better then Martin. I actual I think Martin has outplayed all the safeties. This seem like "Martin in a contract year and they don't want to pay him". So lets give Nakamura the job.

Yeah Martin is the victim here.

Posted

I was expecting him to beat out Martin. I haven't seen him or heard him actually beating out Martin.

Posted

Surely you can't be serious.

Posted

Yeah Martin is the victim here.

Put how ever you want. 1 player is coming up to contract time and the other has a cheap 2-3 year deal.

Seem like this is more of a money choice then a football choice.

Posted

So no consideration if Martin plays better bc of experience and being pushed in camp? That blown pass cvg against the Saints* erased any good he ever did... It was that bad but I still feel like he has good playmaking ability.

I think Martin can really improve..he took a huge step back last season but as much as I would love to support Nakamura (im supposed as its in my half asian weekly newsletter) he would be solid at best. I do feel Nakamura would be more of a leader which the Panthers may need more than athletic ability.

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't seen much of Nakamura in coverage, but he's a sure tackler, which I'm sure is what won him the job.