#76 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Did I miss something? Why isn't Louis Murphy on that depth chart?

DUH! Isn't it obvious, we are not planning on paying him when he becomes a free agent.Thank you KKL I can finally see the light.

#77 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

Yeah it does seem smart. We are a fringe playoff team, we will play the best players. Next years free agents are irrelevant to playing time for this season. What don't you understand about that?

We still want to be on the Fringe after this year as well.

#78 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,060 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Well, after the season is over, I am starting a Bacarri Rambo thread forthwith, regardless of Martin, Godfrey and Nakamura.

#79 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

I like the move if the depth chart is accurate. Glad somebody beat out Martin because he wasn't our long term answer. I hope though that we still do use Martin on 3rd and long, obvious passing situations just because that dude has some goddamn opportunistic hands when the ball is anywhere close to him.

Disappointed that it's looking like Reggie Smith won't make the team, I had high hopes for him, but I guess if the coaches like Nelson over him then that's the right call.

#80 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,416 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

Well, after the season is over, I am starting a Bacarri Rambo thread forthwith, regardless of Martin, Godfrey and Nakamura.

Hey, if you can do that, I want a William Gholston thread. Best DE in the country.

#81 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

Armanti and Gettis are the backup WRs. I'm gonna say that thing isn't right

#82 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

Per PFF he had the 77th best tackling efficiency rating out of the 88 Ss they rated. He had 18 missed tackles per PFF.

But that was bc of Captain our SS struggles tackling though, huh?

Your turn.

ROFL.. so what was Martin's rating?

oh thats right he was 82

Your turn.

#83 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

Per PFF (since that's your defacto source)

This is not the first season that Carolina’s Sherrod Martin has featured in the lower end of the table. In 2010 Martin missed a tackle every 6.8 attempts and this season he was even worse, missing one in every 4.5

#84 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

This was inevitable, I too thought that Smith would be the one to dethrone Martin.

I also second the motion of reviving his career and trying him at corner, though this isn't madden unfortunately...

Still a hell of a special teamer, which happens to be our weakest link, so you kinda gotta root the guy on. He's a Panther.

#85 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

This was inevitable, I too thought that Smith would be the one to dethrone Martin.

I also second the motion of reviving his career and trying him at corner, though this isn't madden unfortunately...

Still a hell of a special teamer, which happens to be our weakest link, so you kinda gotta root the guy on. He's a Panther.

Word. Sherrod has looked good on coverage units. So far in both preseason games it looks like they are going to break one on us but Martin comes in with a big hit. Now I don't know where that tackling ability was last year at FS, but he doesn't seem too bad as a special teamer.

#86 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

I thought he started the both games so far... I've seen Martin on ST a lot and playing great. Reggie Smith laid a huge lick on a guy late in the game the other night but I actually thought he took the worst of it and was surprised he got back up... Problem is, it was REALLY late in the game. IIRC, Smith was playing with the 3rd stringers, so yeah, really disappointed in him so far, but hoping he's just working through things... His experience, versatility, and depth could be invaluable to us as the season goes on.

Hard to tell how well Nakamura is doing so far because there isn't any game planning so everyone is just winging it... And in those situations, offense should always have the advantage - especially in the passing game. So, it's hard to tell who is doing what and how they are doing it back in the secondary in preseason. From all accounts from Ravens fans, he's an extremely heady player and has more ability than you would guess at first sight. He also seems to be well-liked and trusted by the guys here so far from what I've seen in games and read in articles.

I'm confident that we will be MUCH improved on defense and overall this season - as long as McDermott doesn't go full retard with his ABC blitzes.

#87 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

They couldn't afford him because they choose to pay Morgan. They couldn't pay them both. So we let Spoon go.

spoon left a good OLB contract, to be overpaid as less than average MLB.

Get your facts straight.

#88 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

ROFL.. so what was Martin's rating?

oh thats right he was 82

Your turn.

We were talking about Godfrey....so your defense of why Godfrey doesn't suck is that Martin sucks?

He asked for evidence of Godfrey sucking at tackling. I gave some. He ignored it and you counter with Martin sucked. Yes, Martin sucked last year. Your point in bringing that up as a Godfrey defense?

#89 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Anyone who defends Godfrey and Martin is reTarTed

#90 scratchy1

scratchy1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

Martin is not in the plans, at safety, corner, special teams or laundry detail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com