NL Andrew McCutcheon

I know I'm really going out on a limb here

#2 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

I think Trout deserves it, what he's done as a rookie is amazing especially for not even starting the year in the MLB.

I still think Braun has a shot in the NL, especially if he keeps his HR pace up, but McCutcheon can pretty much seal the deal if he can carry the Pirates into the post season.

#3 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,032 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

If McCutcheon gets the pirates into the playoffs and they win a few games he should be given a life time achievement award.

#4 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Braun won't be the MVP. Kemp deserved it last year and the argument for Braun was his team made the playoffs and the dodgers didn't. Brewers are garbage.

#5 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,801 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

In the AL, it's between Trout and Cabrera. I think Trout will pull it off, his WAR is higher and he's had an amazing rookie season. It's not unheard of either, as Ichiro won ROTY and MVP in the same season, and he wasn't "truly" a rookie either. I think Trout's all-around game this year should win it for him, but Cabrera is due and he may push his team into playoffs.

In the NL it should be McCutcheon, hands down. His WAR is the highest in the NL, and if you took him off that team, they would be a shade of what they are. He's having a fantastic season and he deserves the award (if he keeps it up). Usually making the playoffs is a big factor, but this is the Pirates, and even if they are CLOSE to playoffs, this guy deserves the award.

#6 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,801 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

Time to change my pick for NL. With the surge of the Brewers and recent play, I have to say Braun should win NL MVP. McCutheon and the Pirates fell off 2nd half of the season are are out of playoffs. Braun having another amazing year.

AL I still think it's Trout. Even if Miggy wins the triple crown, it's even more rare for a player for lead his league in WAR, runs, and SB's, which Trout should accomplish. His defense also is much better than Miggy. Trout missed a month of major league time too. He's the best player on a team with Pujols.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.