Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBS Sports Depth Chart

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I really hope we don't cut Gettis.

Posted

lol yea right they're going to cut Barnidge. Don't think so.

Posted

looks about right to me except i would keep reggie smith and cut pugh. i hope they don't have to IR hogan.

i'm not sure about cutting barnidge instead of one of the other two, either. barney will be one of the TEs.

Posted

Yeah that catch he made last week alone should keep him on the team.

Posted

lol @ keeping armanti.

Posted

QB-Cam, Derek, Jimmy

HB-Williams, Stewrart, Poole (We will have a third back on the roster, even if just as insurance)

FB-Tolbert

WR-Smith, LaFell, Murphy, Pilares, Adams, ??? (agree Gettis to PUP if not back by final game)

TE-Olsen, Barnidge (we have to have a back-up receiving TE), Harstock

OL-Gross, Silatolu, Kalil, Hangartner, Bell, Cambell. Williams, Pollack

NT-Edwards, Fua, Kearse

UT-McClain, Neblett

LB-Beason, Kuechly, Anderson, Senn, Phillips, WIlliams, Onatulu, Davis

DB-Gamble, Norman, Munnerlyn, Butler, Thomas (Hogan PUP)

FS-Nakamura, Martin

SS-Godfrey, Smith

K-Medlock

P-Nortman

KR-Pilares

PR-Adams

LS-Jansen

I just can't see us keeping a guy like Armanti around, Seyi maybe as the 6th WR until Gettis is fully recovered. During Gettis' rookie year he showed more play-making ability vs LaFell who didn't really begin to 'flash' until last season. With that being said I think the last spot is his as we'll feature mainly 3 WR sets. I don't see Hogan back on IR again, a lot were really excited with what he could bring and he looked good in his limited time last season (HOU). Just wondering why the set backs...? I'll take the vets at the safety spots over Pugh, Nelson, and Campbell. Also Medlock over Mare, we ALREADY know/knew Mare wasn't clutch, so why move forward with him since it seems Medlock has better range on his FG's even though he hasn't proved his worth in the NFL yet, but hoping he will.

As far as Nakamura at starting FS my concern is how will he hold up in coverage as the deep safety at 5'10....I know he's a surer tackler than Martin but that's the only concern, maybe he'll see time in the box with Godfrey over the top in known passing situations.

Posted

Armanti in and Barnridge out are the only two mistakes that are obvious. The rest is reasonable.

Posted

If David Gettis starts the season on PUP I would bet that they keep Armanti Edwards as the 6th wr, but based on play if he would get cut or not when Gettis come back in 6-8 weeks.. I sure dont want Seyi Ajirotutu to make it if Gettis is not ready..

Posted

With Gettis not practicing and two injuries to recover from, it could be quite a while before he was available to play--- much less make an impact. As good as he looked before the ACL, it's certainly not a lock that he'll look near as good when/if he makes it back. Of course, you'd hate to have him dropped and look good somewhere else in a few months......

Posted

Ones that I do not agree with:

1. Do not think there is any chance Barnidge gets cut

2. Not sure that we only carry Williams, Stew, and Tolbert. I think one of the other guys makes it.

3. Don't know much about Bryant Browning (OL). Surprised to see him stay and Pollack go.

4. Would hate to see Gettis and Hogan not make it....but if they can't get on the field damn soon I think it is a real possibility.

5. I would not keep Clausen. I would rather see Armanti play QB in a pinch than ever see Clausen on the field. He is just that bad.

Posted

If David Gettis starts the season on PUP I would bet that they keep Armanti Edwards as the 6th wr, but based on play if he would get cut or not when Gettis come back in 6-8 weeks.. I sure dont want Seyi Ajirotutu to make it if Gettis is not ready..

Agree.