#1 Tom

Tom

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

From ProFootballFocus:

Pick No. 40 - Amini Silatolu (Panthers)
Over the course of the two games watched of each second rounder, I’m not sure anyone impressed me as much as Amini Silatolu. The fact that he was even in a position to start given he hails from Division II, Midwestern State is surprising enough, but to play as well as he did, given the caliber of the opposition, is remarkable.
Playing first Houston and then Miami it wasn’t an easy beginning and he was bull-rushed early in the first game by Antonio Smith into giving up a pressure, but then showed a lot of skill in all facets of play. He moved smoothly in space, got to the second level quickly and in the second outing made an excellent downfield block on Jason Trusnik on a screen. If he was initially beaten in pass protection, he fought to recover and also picked up an awful lot of stunts for a preseason game against the Dolphins. In the end, that hurry from Smith was his only major error.
In week three of the pre season he’ll be given another major test when he faces the Jets and their rather exotic blitz packages. I for one will be interested in how he performs.

http://www.profootba...no-33-to-no-42/

#2 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Glad to hear outsiders liking what they see in Amini

#3 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Sounds like we will have a really athletic OLine this year

#4 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,707 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

key component in offensive success for sure

#5 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the post OP. I used to be your friend on MySpace.

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,483 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

I was so hoping this kid would be the real deal when we drafted him... hopefully he only gets better.

#7 Catweisers

Catweisers

Catweisers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for the Info glad he is panning out the way we hoped. He was billed as a road grader and looks like the billing fits him!!!
Go Panthers!!!!!!!

#8 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

best thing about him is not hearing his name called during the games...means he's doing his job.

Dolphins pick Martin got blown up by the Panthers....they are not happy with him. He was considered
a first rounder for a looong time.

#9 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

the jonathan martin evaluation took a shot at the panthers commentators lmao (pretty valid ones though IMO)

#10 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

best thing about him is not hearing his name called during the games...means he's doing his job.

Exactly. Same goes for Norman.

#11 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

I wonder if the Dolphins would've took Amini if we had the 8th pick, and they had the 40th pick.

#12 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,873 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

I wonder if the Dolphins would've took Amini if we had the 8th pick, and they had the 40th pick.

Our first rounder wouldn't have changed, and they might have pulled the trigger at 40. Maybe things worked out in our favor.

#13 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

Lol I wanted Janoris Jenkins over him and was pissed STL got JJ right before we took Amini. My continued inability to evaluate college football talent never ceases to amaze me. From now on, whomever I say we should pick pre-draft, take ANYONE but that guy. I'm batting like .047 lifetime on draft talent evaluations.

#14 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Our first rounder wouldn't have changed, and they might have pulled the trigger at 40. Maybe things worked out in our favor.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was getting at.

#15 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Lol I wanted Janoris Jenkins over him and was pissed STL got JJ right before we took Amini. My continued inability to evaluate college football talent never ceases to amaze me. From now on, whomever I say we should pick pre-draft, take ANYONE but that guy. I'm batting like .047 lifetime on draft talent evaluations.

you and everyone else here.....remember the battles of whether to take Cox or Poe?
We were all going dt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.