Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blurb on Amini

61 posts in this topic

Posted

From ProFootballFocus:

Pick No. 40 - Amini Silatolu (Panthers)

Over the course of the two games watched of each second rounder, I’m not sure anyone impressed me as much as Amini Silatolu. The fact that he was even in a position to start given he hails from Division II, Midwestern State is surprising enough, but to play as well as he did, given the caliber of the opposition, is remarkable.

Playing first Houston and then Miami it wasn’t an easy beginning and he was bull-rushed early in the first game by Antonio Smith into giving up a pressure, but then showed a lot of skill in all facets of play. He moved smoothly in space, got to the second level quickly and in the second outing made an excellent downfield block on Jason Trusnik on a screen. If he was initially beaten in pass protection, he fought to recover and also picked up an awful lot of stunts for a preseason game against the Dolphins. In the end, that hurry from Smith was his only major error.

In week three of the pre season he’ll be given another major test when he faces the Jets and their rather exotic blitz packages. I for one will be interested in how he performs.

http://www.profootba...no-33-to-no-42/

9 people like this

Posted

Glad to hear outsiders liking what they see in Amini

Posted

Sounds like we will have a really athletic OLine this year

Posted

key component in offensive success for sure

Posted

Thanks for the post OP. I used to be your friend on MySpace.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was so hoping this kid would be the real deal when we drafted him... hopefully he only gets better.

Posted

Thanks for the Info glad he is panning out the way we hoped. He was billed as a road grader and looks like the billing fits him!!!

Go Panthers!!!!!!!

Posted

best thing about him is not hearing his name called during the games...means he's doing his job.

Dolphins pick Martin got blown up by the Panthers....they are not happy with him. He was considered

a first rounder for a looong time.

Posted

the jonathan martin evaluation took a shot at the panthers commentators lmao (pretty valid ones though IMO)

Posted

best thing about him is not hearing his name called during the games...means he's doing his job.

Exactly. Same goes for Norman.

Posted

I wonder if the Dolphins would've took Amini if we had the 8th pick, and they had the 40th pick.

Posted

I wonder if the Dolphins would've took Amini if we had the 8th pick, and they had the 40th pick.

Our first rounder wouldn't have changed, and they might have pulled the trigger at 40. Maybe things worked out in our favor.