Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom

Blurb on Amini

61 posts in this topic

but...but...but he's dumb, right? IQ smaller than his shoe size? right?

and he's from a small school sooo bad pick right? FIRE HURNEY!!!!!

meh....dude's a beast. those paying attention knew it. are people now understanding why analysts were calling him a future pro-bowler?

1 person likes this

There are typically around 30 Week 1 Rookie starters in the league on any given year. That's less than 1 Rookie starter per team. It appears that we have found 4 Rookie Week 1 starters in this draft (if you include Brad Nortman) which I do.

This could go down to the best draft we have ever had.

Kuechly, Silotolu, Norman, Nortman (projected week 1 starters)

Joe Adams is our starting punt return guy.. but that doesn't count unfortunately.

Alexander figures to get a lot of playing time in a rotation.

I can't remember a draft class of ours that showed this much promise this early in the process. It's exciting.

waiting for the "tap the brakes" police to show up.

100% agreed, tho.

I flipped when we drafted Amini with so many names I recognized on the board still. I went insane. But now I don't think we could have made a better pick. I love drafting young talented olinemen. It's such a key position. He will be an all pro for a long time.

Thank God we didn't take Poe... that kid has bust written all over him

Does this guy watch the entire games though? Amini didn't only mess up against Houston. I remember very clearly Amini making a major error against Miami as well. It might have been Bell, but I'm almost certain it was Amini. Anybody remember this? The only time Martin was beaten badly was on a running play for a loss? I'm pretty sure I remember him getting put on his ass by Charles Johnson for a sack early into the game.

Good to hear people are liking Amini though. I'm glad we went with the guard we wanted instead of whoever the media was hyping at the time. It's good to see that we can spot talent for ourselves.

I've re-watched the 1st 2 pre-season games & have focused on Silatulo for every play he has been in. He is amazing for a rookie. He has had lapses, but not a lot. He is as advertised: Powerful, hits the next level looking for someone to damage too & obivously a hard worker. I always wanted him in the draft & glad he is as many expected.

BTW, Martin sucks...people were smart to pass on that guy who was rated as 1st round talent.

I flipped when we drafted Amini with so many names I recognized on the board still. I went insane. But now I don't think we could have made a better pick. I love drafting young talented olinemen. It's such a key position. He will be an all pro for a long time.

You are right there was so much talent on the board.I liked Chandler Jones but understand why we would draft a guard.

Lol I wanted Janoris Jenkins over him and was pissed STL got JJ right before we took Amini. My continued inability to evaluate college football talent never ceases to amaze me. From now on, whomever I say we should pick pre-draft, take ANYONE but that guy. I'm batting like .047 lifetime on draft talent evaluations.

You evaluated JJ perfectly. The Panthers wanted him, but he was taken a spot before us. Now JJ is tearing it up in the Rams camp. I bet you, the Panthers would trade Amini for JJ straight up if they could even now. JJ looks like the shutdown corner that we thought he was and then some.

You evaluated JJ perfectly.  The Panthers wanted him, but he was taken a spot before us.  Now JJ is tearing it up in the Rams camp.  I bet you, the Panthers would trade Amini for JJ straight up if they could even now.  JJ looks like the shutdown corner that we thought he was and then some.

I wouldn't want JJ anyways, he screams of Revis-diva syndrome where every other year would be a holdout threat. The Panthers aren't that kind of team.

1 person likes this

I wouldn't want JJ anyways, he screams of Revis-diva syndrome where every other year would be a holdout threat. The Panthers aren't that kind of team.

I agree about his character not being ideal. JJ can play ball. Not that Amini is not a good draft pick, but shutdown corners are harder to come by than starting OGs.

JJ is also one of those rookies who are playing good ball and so is Cox who has lined up at 3 tech and DE for philly.

I'm pleasantly suprised by our O-line. I thought we'd have some issues by early signs are looking good.

I'd still take a pass on JJ. I said before the draft there's some guys you have to remove from your draft board completely, he is one of those guys.

We have Norman and Gamble... I'm sure more CB's will come. Calling him a "lock-down" CB is way too early

I'm sorry but O-Line > DB's especially if you got a star QB

1 person likes this