#16 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Does this guy watch the entire games though? Amini didn't only mess up against Houston. I remember very clearly Amini making a major error against Miami as well. It might have been Bell, but I'm almost certain it was Amini. Anybody remember this? The only time Martin was beaten badly was on a running play for a loss? I'm pretty sure I remember him getting put on his ass by Charles Johnson for a sack early into the game.

Good to hear people are liking Amini though. I'm glad we went with the guard we wanted instead of whoever the media was hyping at the time. It's good to see that we can spot talent for ourselves.

#17 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Still can't wait to bump my Amini Silatolu draft day thread.

Some of the comments towards his education and weak competition were completely uncalled for and thoughtless. Most of those people thought he'd only be a back up and he's already proving them wrong in preseason LOL...

#18 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

Does this guy watch the entire games though? Amini didn't only mess up against Houston. I remember very clearly Amini making a major error against Miami as well. It might have been Bell, but I'm almost certain it was Amini. Anybody remember this? The only time Martin was beaten badly was on a running play for a loss? I'm pretty sure I remember him getting put on his ass by Charles Johnson for a sack early into the game.

Good to hear people are liking Amini though. I'm glad we went with the guard we wanted instead of whoever the media was hyping. It's good to see that we can spot talent for ourselves.

They have a staff that watches every play and game. During the regular season they evaluate every player on every snap. They have their flaws....overall they are pretty good.

They don't do that for the preseason though, more overall thoughts.

#19 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for the post OP. I used to be your friend on MySpace.

What's this myspace you speak of?

#20 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Hurney Magic.

#21 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,758 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Nb4hurneysucks

#22 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,434 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Lol I wanted Janoris Jenkins over him and was pissed STL got JJ right before we took Amini. My continued inability to evaluate college football talent never ceases to amaze me. From now on, whomever I say we should pick pre-draft, take ANYONE but that guy. I'm batting like .047 lifetime on draft talent evaluations.

Don't be so hard on yourself Monsta...I wanted Fletcher Cox in the first. I feel like an idiot now, but I am glad to take on that feeling watching who we did get.
Hope Amini sticks for years to come.

#23 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

There are typically around 30 Week 1 Rookie starters in the league on any given year. That's less than 1 Rookie starter per team. It appears that we have found 4 Rookie Week 1 starters in this draft (if you include Brad Nortman) which I do.

This could go down to the best draft we have ever had.

Kuechly, Silotolu, Norman, Nortman (projected week 1 starters)

Joe Adams is our starting punt return guy.. but that doesn't count unfortunately.
Alexander figures to get a lot of playing time in a rotation.

I can't remember a draft class of ours that showed this much promise this early in the process. It's exciting.

#24 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

Lol I wanted Janoris Jenkins over him and was pissed STL got JJ right before we took Amini. My continued inability to evaluate college football talent never ceases to amaze me. From now on, whomever I say we should pick pre-draft, take ANYONE but that guy. I'm batting like .047 lifetime on draft talent evaluations.

LOL! The first step on the road to recovery is to admit there's a problem. Good for you, big guy!

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

but...but...but he's dumb, right? IQ smaller than his shoe size? right?

and he's from a small school sooo bad pick right? FIRE HURNEY!!!!!

meh....dude's a beast. those paying attention knew it. are people now understanding why analysts were calling him a future pro-bowler?

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

There are typically around 30 Week 1 Rookie starters in the league on any given year. That's less than 1 Rookie starter per team. It appears that we have found 4 Rookie Week 1 starters in this draft (if you include Brad Nortman) which I do.

This could go down to the best draft we have ever had.

Kuechly, Silotolu, Norman, Nortman (projected week 1 starters)

Joe Adams is our starting punt return guy.. but that doesn't count unfortunately.
Alexander figures to get a lot of playing time in a rotation.

I can't remember a draft class of ours that showed this much promise this early in the process. It's exciting.

waiting for the "tap the brakes" police to show up.

100% agreed, tho.

#27 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

I flipped when we drafted Amini with so many names I recognized on the board still. I went insane. But now I don't think we could have made a better pick. I love drafting young talented olinemen. It's such a key position. He will be an all pro for a long time.

#28 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Thank God we didn't take Poe... that kid has bust written all over him

#29 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Good to hear people are liking Amini though. I'm glad we went with the guard we wanted instead of whoever the media was hyping at the time. It's good to see that we can spot talent for ourselves.

I've re-watched the 1st 2 pre-season games & have focused on Silatulo for every play he has been in. He is amazing for a rookie. He has had lapses, but not a lot. He is as advertised: Powerful, hits the next level looking for someone to damage too & obivously a hard worker. I always wanted him in the draft & glad he is as many expected.

BTW, Martin sucks...people were smart to pass on that guy who was rated as 1st round talent.

#30 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

I flipped when we drafted Amini with so many names I recognized on the board still. I went insane. But now I don't think we could have made a better pick. I love drafting young talented olinemen. It's such a key position. He will be an all pro for a long time.

You are right there was so much talent on the board.I liked Chandler Jones but understand why we would draft a guard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com