Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doc Holiday

The reason Obama will lose the election

52 posts in this topic

I'm all for welfare reform to remove the overbloat in the system, but does anyone else get irrationally pissed off when people make the argument that everyone that receives some sort of government sponsored benefit is some lazy bum that doesn't work? The vast majority of people who receive benefits are the working poor. You know, the people who give you your food at McDonalds, who change your tires at the tire store, or any other minimum wage job.

1 person likes this

I'm all for welfare reform to remove the overbloat in the system, but does anyone else get irrationally pissed off when people make the argument that everyone that receives some sort of government sponsored benefit is some lazy bum that doesn't work? The vast majority of people who receive benefits are the working poor. You know, the people who give you your food at McDonalds, who change your tires at the tire store, or any other minimum wage job.

Yeah this is the part that pisses me off when people make those blanket statements. The actions of a few, however, has given the system a bad image. Yes, reforms are needed to help reduce the fraud and to make sure the people who truly needs the assistance gets it (and even then, you can't completely stop ALL fraud, it'll happen irregardless of the protections and safeguards put into place), but to make a blanket generalization about a group of people only from the actions of a few people (who tend to get the most attention) is just dumb.

1 person likes this

the irony is that your stated intent would be to encourage a romney landslide, the actual result would be reducing romney's base.

that's irony.

Not really. At worst, the effect would be even. But the odds are that it would have a negative impact on Obama. The majority of people on welfare are either african american, or single white females. Those two groups tended to vote more for Obama (if they voted at all).

That being said, the suggestion that someone on welfare shouldn't be allowed to vote is ludicrous as well as unconstitutional.

Weirdly enough Romney wouldn't be able to vote for himself

lol Romney pays more tax in one year than you make in a lifetime. Nice try

lol Romney pays more tax in one year than you make in a lifetime. Nice try

So you've seen his tax records?

So you've seen his tax records?

that's not a fair assumption to make panthro. maybe he's one of the people who handled romney's amnesty application in 2009.

Jim Crow?

Thats racist.

Thats racist.

How so?

Hey let's only let people vote who pay taxes, are literate, and look like me

How so?

Hey let's only let people vote who pay taxes, are literate, and look like me

Oh YOU KNOW

Republicans and demicrats have failed the public they serve. Most republicans admit this. That is why the tea party specializes in voting out thier own incumbents. the tea party should be called the "the fed up party." Demicrats however, continue to support their pols and causes regardless of facts, seemingly in spite of republicans.But when it comes down to it these pols on both side are getting what they want. Money, power, and influence.Whoever wins the election means Americans lose.unfortunately, conservatives cannot abandon the party for the fear of the Demicratic party taking control. If the two sides wake up and stop arguing against each other, maybe we could focus on the Pols who cause these messes year after year. when someone sucks at thier job you fire them. Americans suffer unemployment while voting in the ones who cause it.Besides who hear wants to be summed up in one word. Republican or Demicrat? I know I am far more complex than that.

Republicans and demicrats have failed the public they serve. Most republicans admit this. That is why the tea party specializes in voting out thier own incumbents. the tea party should be called the "the fed up party." Demicrats however, continue to support their pols and causes regardless of facts, seemingly in spite of republicans.But when it comes down to it these pols on both side are getting what they want. Money, power, and influence.Whoever wins the election means Americans lose.unfortunately, conservatives cannot abandon the party for the fear of the Demicratic party taking control. If the two sides wake up and stop arguing against each other, maybe we could focus on the Pols who cause these messes year after year. when someone sucks at thier job you fire them. Americans suffer unemployment while voting in the ones who cause it.Besides who hear wants to be summed up in one word. Republican or Demicrat? I know I am far more complex than that.

It is Democrat.....not Demicrat.

It is Democrat.....not Demicrat.

In fairness for now on I'll type rebublican