Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

you, sir, are delusional.

#32 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,951 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

I guess Paul Ryan is a great example of a Republican who refuses government assistance.

Yes stimulus, no stimulus, please stimulus?

#33 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

I'm talking personal handouts. As in, too damn good to work but not too good to take money from the government. Republicans have fugged up views on religion and its role in government, and of women's rights and leaving gay people the fug alone, but I have yet to meet a Republican who sat at home collecting only a welfare check.

#34 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,951 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Really? I've met several Republicans on unemployment, social security, medicaid, and food stamps. Considering I don't know anyone on welfare itself, I can't comment, but there are plenty of Republicans who will take help when it is offered and they are suffering.'

The average Republican and average Democrat is more alike than many on either side would like to admit.

#35 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:09 AM

but I have yet to meet a Republican who sat at home collecting only a welfare check.

hahahahahaha

#36 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

relevant

Posted Image

#37 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Republican's don't give handouts? Tell that to General Motors, bro.

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,368 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm all for welfare reform to remove the overbloat in the system, but does anyone else get irrationally pissed off when people make the argument that everyone that receives some sort of government sponsored benefit is some lazy bum that doesn't work? The vast majority of people who receive benefits are the working poor. You know, the people who give you your food at McDonalds, who change your tires at the tire store, or any other minimum wage job.

#39 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'm all for welfare reform to remove the overbloat in the system, but does anyone else get irrationally pissed off when people make the argument that everyone that receives some sort of government sponsored benefit is some lazy bum that doesn't work? The vast majority of people who receive benefits are the working poor. You know, the people who give you your food at McDonalds, who change your tires at the tire store, or any other minimum wage job.

Yeah this is the part that pisses me off when people make those blanket statements. The actions of a few, however, has given the system a bad image. Yes, reforms are needed to help reduce the fraud and to make sure the people who truly needs the assistance gets it (and even then, you can't completely stop ALL fraud, it'll happen irregardless of the protections and safeguards put into place), but to make a blanket generalization about a group of people only from the actions of a few people (who tend to get the most attention) is just dumb.

#40 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,942 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

the irony is that your stated intent would be to encourage a romney landslide, the actual result would be reducing romney's base.

that's irony.

Not really. At worst, the effect would be even. But the odds are that it would have a negative impact on Obama. The majority of people on welfare are either african american, or single white females. Those two groups tended to vote more for Obama (if they voted at all).

That being said, the suggestion that someone on welfare shouldn't be allowed to vote is ludicrous as well as unconstitutional.

#41 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

Weirdly enough Romney wouldn't be able to vote for himself

lol Romney pays more tax in one year than you make in a lifetime. Nice try

#42 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

lol Romney pays more tax in one year than you make in a lifetime. Nice try

So you've seen his tax records?

#43 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,876 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

So you've seen his tax records?

that's not a fair assumption to make panthro. maybe he's one of the people who handled romney's amnesty application in 2009.

#44 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Jim Crow?

Thats racist.

#45 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Thats racist.

How so?

Hey let's only let people vote who pay taxes, are literate, and look like me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.