Photo
- - - - -

Lance Armstrong drops fight against doping charges; title losses & lifetime ban pending

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#11 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Fighting cancer is a lie? Who knew?

No, use your brain.

Had he gotten caught there are no sponsorships, and there is no money to donate. (or at least a lot less).

#12 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• Locationwhatcha worried about it for
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

500+ tests over 20 years, and has passed them all=evidence
Hamilton claiming he watched Armstrong dope=hearsay

At some point you get tired of defending yourself from baseless charges...watch, Hamilton will come out with a book soon

#13 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Had he gotten caught this would be moot. But he's NEVER been caught. He's passed every test. And the USADA guy just keeps coming. When is enough, enough?

#14 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I admire that sure, but he left it open for debate. Now I wonder how much of his foundation was founded on a lie. It did A WHOLE lot of good, but if it was founded on a lie, how can you not see immorality in that??

what? Founded on a lie? That implies that bicycling takes moral precedent to cancer research. It also implies that he's somehow betraying the people that donated money to fight cancer by cheating in cycling.

Frankly, Americans never gave a shiat about the Tour until Armstrong started winning and nobody watches now that he's gone... Even amongst people that LOVE cycling, in every objective sense bicycle racing doesn't matter, cancer research does.

#15 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Yes, they want Lance for no reason. He's the victim and he's done nothing wrong. Got it.

#16 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Had he gotten caught this would be moot. But he's NEVER been caught. He's passed every test. And the USADA guy just keeps coming. When is enough, enough?

it really isn't that clear cut.

#17 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

what? Founded on a lie? That implies that bicycling takes moral precedent to cancer research. It also implies that he's somehow betraying the people that donated money to fight cancer by cheating in cycling.

Frankly, Americans never gave a shiat about the Tour until Armstrong started winning and nobody watches now that he's gone... Even amongst people that LOVE cycling, in every objective sense bicycle racing doesn't matter, cancer research does.

There is NO foundation if he doesn't win get sponsors. There is NOTHING. What don't you understand about that? A lie is a lie no matter how you spin it. IF he cheated.

#18 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Yes, they want Lance for no reason. He's the victim and he's done nothing wrong. Got it.

NM

#19 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

There is NO foundation if he doesn't win get sponsors. There is NOTHING. What don't you understand about that? A lie is a lie no matter how you spin it. IF he cheated.

there have been many people throughout history who have done good things with ill-gotten gains.

life isn't always black and white. I don't love it but I don't think he's some kind of awful person.

I do believe he cheated.

#20 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Some of you are acting like I'm saying that foundation is a sham. That is NOT what I am saying. That foundation was founded on him as a cyclist who beat cancer, and won despite his obstacles. IF ( IF IF IF) he cheated, he had help. There is your lie.

Its great that something good came out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users