• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

No such thing as a preseason statement game.

With that kind of expectation, you will only be disappointed.

This, being the third preseason game, which the starters play the longest, is the most exciting of the preseason games.

it is the most exciting but it is still pointless.
coaches arent calling plays to win the game, they are looking at very specific things out of specific players that we really cant see when watching.

even if we get whooped but say the game fully solidifies who we are playing at certain positions (cb #2, the whole WR mess, mclain's backup, etc) then it's a victory in the coaches eyes.

agreed on all the above.

let's save the statement games for the regular season...unless it's someone fighting for a roster spot in which case let's hear what you've got to say.

#32 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

rayzor, i already knew what you were going to say. meh. lol

#33 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Rex Ryan spoke to his team twice today, once before practice to calm the atmosphere after a "chippy" Thursday and once after to voice his displeasure with a poor Friday practice -- their last before a crucial dress rehearsal on Sunday against Carolina.

nj.com/Connor Orr/Star Legder

"We’ve been treating this whole week as a regular-season week," Darrelle Revis said. "We’ve been doing some things focusing on Cam and we’re going to go out there and try and execute them."

#34 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,092 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

i'm worried about The Golden Calf of Bristol

#35 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

i'm worried about The Golden Calf of Bristol

Well I know you are obsessed with the shatter and all things shat worthy. Now we can add The Golden Calf of Bristol to your obsessions. Cuz he is shat. Right?

#36 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Saints** and Texans came out and went at it for a whole half tonight. Both teams offenses looked really good and seem like there ready for the season opener. I hope we can come out and do the same thing for a whole half tomorrow and then turn it over to the back ups, especially since from what im reading the Jets fans are underestimating us.

#37 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

My personal opinion is, we have a young team full of confidence. We have a good deal of talent, and they are ready to show it. This team has had not one bad practice since the tongue lashing after the Texans game. I see no reason not to be optimistic for this week.

I know the Jets D can be formitable. I have seen it, read about it, and heard about it. I say, so what. We are built for speed and the Jets are but a speed bump. I do expect us to punt once or twice. I do expect us to struggle. Some. But I also expect us to pretty much be us, with the exception of Cam not running any if at all.

Call me a homer. I may be. I just happen to see a team ready to make their mark. And after we beat the Jets. i expect a few more folks will be with me. Well... not me personally. But me as in we are going to be pretty good this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.