56 replies to this topic

#11 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

This board is turning into a troll circus fast. It only takes about two comments into each thread before a newly christened huddle doucher successfully attempts to turn every topic into a pissing match.

It's getting to the point where you only read the OP then bow out before it gets ugly.

I Agree! This forum has become really dumb. Grown up men trying to pick chit chat fights all the time to see who's better or think they know better.

Blame the MODS for this $hit. Even sometimes they're the one making smart comments. I careless to speak my mind

#12 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

This board is turning into a troll circus fast. It only takes about two comments into each thread before a newly christened huddle doucher successfully attempts to turn every topic into a pissing match.

It's getting to the point where you only read the OP then bow out before it gets ugly.

The mods really need to tighten up on the b.s. It is really holding this forum back a ton.

As far the failed test it was because of an otc dietary supplement. http://blogs.charlot...-drug-test.html

The fatigue and stress very well could be related to personal problem and nothing to with football.

Now back to what the OP was saying. You bring up a very good point, but I just dont see us being able to pick up anyone special. I wouldnt be opposed to giving up a 5th or 6th to a team loaded with 3 techs(if there even is a such a team). The rookies played a ton of snaps to start the year last year due to us starting the season with 3 healthy DT'S. Whether it be thru cuts or giving up a late round pick I certainly hope we can find someone to at least fill the void to Neblett comes back.

Also while its certainly not ideal but maybe we could see Fua and Edwards line up next to each other at times. While neither are likely to get much pressure on qb's in time, i'm sure they could open up some holes on blitzes.

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

The mods really need to tighten up on the b.s. It is really holding this forum back a ton.

As far the failed test it was because of an otc dietary supplement. http://blogs.charlot...-drug-test.html

The fatigue and stress very well could be related to personal problem and nothing to with football.

Now back to what the OP was saying. You bring up a very good point, but I just dont see us being able to pick up anyone special. I wouldnt be opposed to giving up a 5th or 6th to a team loaded with 3 techs(if there even is a such a team). The rookies played a ton of snaps to start the year last year due to us starting the season with 3 healthy DT'S. Whether it be thru cuts or giving up a late round pick I certainly hope we can find someone to at least fill the void to Neblett comes back.

OP could've meant bringing in someone who is cut. He never said brining someone by a trade

#14 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

It's not like he was juicing...

Theres all sorts of over the counter supplements that are banned from the NFL and I highly doubt most random young backup players know each and every one of them. Didn't the same thing happen to Peppers his rookie year?

#15 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

DeAngelo Williams/Steve Smith Huddle: Est 2003

• LocationChapel Hill
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

It's not like he was juicing...

Theres all sorts of over the counter supplements that are banned from the NFL and I highly doubt most random young backup players know each and every one of them. Didn't the same thing happen to Peppers his rookie year?

yeah it was ephedra which you could buy otc at the time.

of course that still resulted in seven years of juicius peppers jokes from Saints** and falcons fans.

#16 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

OP could've meant bringing in someone who is cut. He never said brining someone by a trade

I know buddy, but as I said(obviosuly not clearly enough, so my bad) I don't see anyone special becoming available. Theres not a plethora of good 3 techs in the NFL and unless theirs an aging vet with an inflated contract out there somewhere, I don't have much faith in finding one that gets cut. If it comes down to it, I would not be upset if we give up a late pick to obtain someone who can contribute.

#17 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• LocationWinston-Salem
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

IF you were to find a decent 3tech through cuts it would most likely be final cuts and from a team loaded at DT. That said, it shouldn't be extremely hard, to find one at Nebletts level.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I know buddy, but as I said(obviosuly not clearly enough, so my bad) I don't see anyone special becoming available. Theres not a plethora of good 3 techs in the NFL and unless theirs an aging vet with an inflated contract out there somewhere, I don't have much faith in finding one that gets cut. If it comes down to it, I would not be upset if we give up a late pick to obtain someone who can contribute.

If we are goin after one, it's not going to be for a stud.
Just one who is better than McClain though he had a good game last week. There should be several at the end of the day.

#19 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

• LocationCO
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

Beyond McClain and Nebbles, Chandler and Kearse are the options we're looking at ATM. I'm excited to see McClain year 2 also but wouldn't mind an extra head being thrown in the mix just for the hell of it

#20 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• LocationCharleston, SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Same people calling Neblett a cheater are probably the same type of people that call certain players "thugs" and "convicts" while they steal pens from work and cheat on their wife. But they might have played Cam in a few quarters of Madden.

As for the DT situation, so long as McClain looks good enough to hold it down for the first 4 games and Neblett looks like he can still contribute, I'll hold out on getting antsy. The defensive unit as a whole has improved: Beason & Edwards are back (funny how some of those that were rolling their eyes at Ron Edwards solving our DT problem have properly stfu), Kuechly is starting (and TD is still going to contribute via depth), Norman is looking like a baller or at the very least an upgrade over Butler/Thomas/Stanford, Nakamura might have surplanted Martin, and all of those boys on the line get that extra year of experience.

If anything, I'm more concerned about losing players to injuries before the season begins again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users