#49 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

I'm glad he won't see the field against the Jets.

#50 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

Causes and Risk Factors

Staph infections are caused by staph bacteria entering the body, usually via a cut on the skin or the mucus membranes (eyes, mouth, nose).

People with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk of contracting a staph infection, so extra precaution should be taken.

Staph infections are contagious when the wound is draining. Avoid contact with surfaces, as the bacteria can be transmitted on many different surfaces, including doorknobs, grocery cart or basket handles, desks, tables, steering wheels, bottled condiments at restaurants, fitness equipment in gyms, locker rooms, stair railings-pretty much any where.

Staph infections are more common in North America, primarily due to our overuse of antibiotics and anti-microbial products. We have created super-germs while weakening our natural resistance (immune system).

Symptoms

Staph infection symptoms can range from:
  • A lump that looks like a pimple or a bug bite
  • Swelling
  • Redness around a cut or affected area
  • "Heat" in the affected area
  • Fever (if the infection moves beyond the skin and into the blood stream)
  • Chills and sweats
Staph infections that penetrate the bloodstream can be very serious, even fatal. They require immediate professional attention and intervention.

Natural Healing Solutions

If you have a cut, wash the area with soap and water, then apply an antiseptic remedy such as Tea Tree Oil. Keep the wound clean, dry and covered to prevent additional bacteria from entering the body.

A thorough cleansing of the body with an emphasis on the blood and lymphatic system and fluids and the major eliminative channels (colon, liver, lungs, kidneys) is mandatory when healing from a staph infection.

You can also gargle with a glass of warm water, sea salt (1/3 teaspoon), and 2 drops of Tea Tree oil if the staph infection is oral in nature.

Essential oils can be quite effective for staph infections. Good essential oils to add to your bath water for your anti-staph soak include:
  • Tea Tree
  • Manuka
  • Ravensare
  • Kanuka
  • Leleshwa
  • Niaouli
  • Eucalyptus
  • Cajeput
  • Thuja
  • Cinnamon (leaf, not bark)
  • Vetivert
Simply add a few drops (1-2 drops of each oil, or 3-5 drops of an individual oil) to the bath water of each bath you take.

Dietary Intervention

To heal from any disease, always modify the diet and include more raw, organic, fresh fruits and vegetables so as to raise the body's pH level. A diet that consists of 75% raw foods and 25% vegan foods is conducive to healing. However, you can't go wrong with green foods.

When healing from any disease, ALWAYS abstain from consuming meat and dairy products as well as all processed and refined so-called foods.

Drink plenty of fresh organic vegetable juice (especially parsley and cilantro). Vegetable juice is healing, rebuilding, and nourishing and helps to raise the body's pH level (to an alkaline level).

Read more: http://dherbs.com/ar...l#ixzz24ZO0zdTW

#51 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm pretty sure this is not a big deal. (30+years in healthcare). The vibe I'm geting is that it was caught early which is key, coupled with the fact that Smitty is getting the best of care (broad spectrum antibiotics). I just hope that this is it for illness/injuries for us.....we are due good health going into week one!

#52 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

That was cancer in his toe, not an infection.

"No woman , No cry"

#53 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

http://www.wect.com/...nic-experts-say

People who have weakened immune systems, such as the elderly, people with diabetes and people taking immune-suppressing drugs are more at risk for the condition. Sports teams or people who congregate in close vicinity could also be at higher risk, said Dr. Kenneth Bromberg, director of the Vaccine Research Center at The Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York City.

*whistles innocently*

#54 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

uhmmm okay, i forgot he is not human like everyone else. maybe should have clarified "game shape" as "opposed to in shap," if you even know the difference.

you are probably right, every thing is so honky dory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think you should use that word.

#55 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:52 AM

it's not a broken leg so it can't be bad, simpleton response.

Well you were making it out to be some kind of 6 week recovery thing.

#56 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Well you were making it out to be some kind of 6 week recovery thing.

i was just not dismissing it as a bandaid wound. i think this topic has relevance. people have missed entire seasons with staph infections. i have no desire to be right either.

#57 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,879 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

Can't decide if you are a total dick, smart ass, comedian or simpleton. Regardless, those that you are insulting are your fellow brothers on this board (Panthers fans).
I am confused with your approach.
You attempt to present yourself as an intellectual elder but it is apparent to all that what you seek is confrontation for kicks.
Calm the fug down.

you end THIS response by telling ME to calm the fug down? you are a joke.

#58 Catweisers

Catweisers

Catweisers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

If I had a Pro Bowl Receiver and LBer and a rash of injuries in preseason in the past I believe I would give them a rest too!!!
They will be back for regular season and if not,we gonna win any way, cause our Pro Bowl Center said so!!! End of story!
Go Panthers!!!

#59 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,796 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

maybe steve can get rex to rub a little eucalyptus oil on his foot this weekend

#60 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Gotta say I'm kinda worried about this one.

Infections are scary, and it's hard to put a time table on them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.